• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
top.jpg
Güyük : Part 8

Minutes of first Golden Horde Council: 8am, August 10th, 1789

8:00 - All ten members of council prostrate themselves before Güyük. The Khan explains the simple rule that any policy or idea of the Khan's must receive support from at least six council members to be given approval.
8:02 - First item of business is the of naming the council.
Güyük suggests the name Golden Council
8:04 - Kelebe criticises names for being unoriginal and adding to the overkill of the use of the word Golden in official names
8:05 - Kelebe is forcibly expelled from council for "unpatriotism"
8:06 - Golden Council officially chosen as name for council
8:07 - Güyük suggests creating a salary for the council members.
8:08 - Unanimous support approves salary.
8:10 - Güyük raises Operation Golden Hammer. He suggests that now is the time to crush Mesopotamia whilst the Horde's army is strengthened by the former Ottoman regiments and the only allies the enemy might bring are Oman and Tataristan.
789-invade.png

Güyük's impression of the operation
8:15 - Barama expresses concern that the Horde's reputation may be in danger, that perhaps it might be wisest to wait some time until the annexation of the Ottoman Empire has passed from the international communities mind.
8:16 - Barama is correctly laughed at by all. Operation Golden Hammer is approved.
8:19 - First meeting of Golden Council is brought to an end and declared a resounding success.

Council approvals? Expelling? Merely laughing at opposition? No beheading to enforce one's will? What kind of pinko-commie plot is Güyük up to?

Well at least this "parliament" is better than I thought it would be. Operation Golden Hammer sounds good too! Barama is wrong to be worried. Poke him with a pointy stick!

What's this? What is going on here? I hardly recognize this AAR. Departments of Peace? Infantry in the Horde armies? Thank goodness the last few updates are becoming more familiar with talk of beheadings, diplomatic assassins and expulsions from committee when the time is ripe for war!

Just tell me there will be a new crackdown on the uzbeks soon and all will be right with the world. ;)

As you can see, I have caught up once again, Duke. As always, wonderful reading! :D

By forcibly expelled you mean beheaded right? And by laughed at you mean beheaded right? Otherwise I, and all of Berker Khan will go into revolt.

Battle bunny said:
Since getting beheaded is funny and the easiest way to forcibly expel someone is to behead him I fail to see why that wouldn't be the case.

You never know with softies like Guyuk the uzbek.

Duke of Wellington: ...8:00 - All ten members of council prostrate themselves before Güyük. The Khan explains the simple rule that any policy or idea of the Khan's must receive support from at least six council members to be given approval. ..8:19 - First meeting of Golden Council is brought to an end and declared a resounding success.

methinks that the council should have been given the name "Rubber Stamp Council" ! ! :D

hmmm. what do you mean, the name means that ? ? :rolleyes: . oh

most excellent updates ! !
:cool:

Update? :confused:

I wonder what would happen if after "Golden Hammer", the operation "Golden Sickle" is activated, to reap the profits from the previous operations. Perhaps a whole new ideology will emerge from that Golden Council, seeing that the current decision process has been an example of collectivism.

nette001 said:
I wonder what would happen if after "Golden Hammer", the operation "Golden Sickle" is activated, to reap the profits from the previous operations. Perhaps a whole new ideology will emerge from that Golden Council, seeing that the current decision process has been an example of collectivism.

Then operation "Red Earth" should follow. :D

GrimPagan - It does seem suspicious doesn't it.

Chief Ragusa - Surely its the most efficient means of democracy?

demokratickid - Thanks heaps and welcome.

Mettermrck - Soon it may be time to grab an axe and chop some flowers though.

Raden Shaka - Thanks.

SirruShan - Poking with pointy sticks solves many a problem.

coz1 - Thanks coz, great to see you back again.

billy bob - There's a good chance that beheadings did follow.

Battle bunny - Quite right.

GhostWriter - The Golden Rubber Stamp Council you mean?

nette001 - Hmmm, an interesting idea.

Deus - A true Horde ideal I am sure.

Demon_son - Thank you kind sir.

top.jpg
Güyük : Part 9
Although many saw the progressive Güyük as nothing more than a glorified uzbek the Mesopotamian campaign of 1789 provided evidence that he still harboured many of the ideals of Khans such as Ulugh the Great. For one the invasion progressed in a very orderly fashion, in the sense that Güyük ordered no mercy be given to the rebels of Mesopotamia. Ever happy to oblige the practised the tactic known as KABAP (Kill, Acquire, Burn And Pillage).

Soon Mesopotamia was overrun from top to bottom with it's rightful owners. Peace was then made whereby almost all that had been stolen from the Horde was returned and Mesopotamia agreed to pay tribute to Astrakhan.
792-mesopotamia.gif

Beaten without trouble

Oman too posed little difficulty for KABAP. Only her deserts prevented a full scale invasion. Nonetheless the sultan was more than happy to give up the rich spices of Quatar in order that the Horde leave his lands.
791-quatar.gif

One more province for the empire

The annexation of the Ottoman Empire had spread fear of the Horde throughout Europe and the show of aggression against Mesopotamia only further fuelled the anxiety of Christians everywhere. How long would it be before the Scourge of the East turned in their direction?

Some even thought it so imminent that they preferred to join voluntarily rather than under the sword.
791-banat.gif

Welcome to the Horde

WAIT!? REBELS JOINED THE HORDE!? What happened to this world? uzbek khans, no beheadings, and now rebels helping the Khanate!? AAAAAAH!

palptrustmefo2.jpg

"The Darkside of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be... unnatural.."