• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had to register just to comment on this. I've read through all 126 pages in just a day or two, and it's amazing what you've gone through with this AAR.

Insane perhaps in customizing all those revolt events, but still amazing.

Finally managing to export your #1 product (rebels, naturally) to Austria, then nab some provinces while they're in trouble, and annex the Ottomans, to boot?

What next for the mighty Horde?

GhostWriter - Very good use indeed I think.

Chief Ragusa - True, I guess that isn't quite natural.

Lord Skane - That nation is Egypt, freed by event from the OE. Somewhat irritating.

Folka Albark - Thanks, that's a big compliment that you could read so much. I am glad to not be making more revolt events these days.

Happy202nd20Birthday20Cake.jpg

Well it's been two years since I started this AAR. Happy birthday to it and thanks to all the readers who've been following over the years.

top.jpg
Güyük : Part 7

Shortly after Güyük's lucky streak with the Ottoman Empire, history leaves to us an extremely rare insight into the mind of a Khan. A personal correspondence between the ruler and his aunt, Bagran, with whom he had a close relationship and often turned to for advice.

Güyük said:
Dear Baggy
Hope my letter find you well. How are the kids these days? I trust they will be amused by the toy soldiers I've sent with this parcel. I think they are a superb design with the austrian ones crafted just right to fall over with the slightest touch. Quite lifelike!

Anyway to more serious matters. I've always valued your insight into state affairs, I know I never would have imagined the army reforms without you. Unfortunately even being the most powerful man in the world does not stop the rigours of age from wearing me down. These days even a mere two days riding without saddle leaves me aching all over and longing for a good Turkish, wait make that Golden Horde bath. The winters also seem so much longer and colder than in my youth. These reminders of my own mortality have me thinking of my legacy. With an appropriate degree of modesty I feel I can say I am the greatest Khan to ever rule over this nation. However none of my heirs look fit to truly hold on to it. I therefore seek a way to reign in the powers of my successors in order that I might not have only one axe to behead my enemies*.

I've been contemplating a way of doing this through the establishment of a formal council who must approve all the Khan's orders. It seems a drastic step but given the bad Khans and disastrous consequences we've seen arise from them in the past I think it may be wise. I would truly appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Is it appropriate? Is it too much? Are there other alternatives?

*A phrase identical in meaning to 'Putting all our eggs in one basket'

Some kind of parliament in the great Golden Horde?

Never!! :D

But 2 years? Nice :cool:

:eek: Congrats! Truly an epic AAR.

On the reforms: is this Khan sane!? What is this talk of "second opinions"? What a progressive leader!

The Horde tried a Council, once. Wasn't that where the Berker Khans franchise came from? Greatest Khan? Slightly loopier than most would be a more fitting epithet. Infantry: I ask you. Next he'll be building boats!

Last edited:
Duke of Wellington: ...A personal correspondence between the ruler and his aunt, Bagran, with whom he had a close relationship and often turned to for advice.

:eek:

erm, how did you obtain a uzbek for a ruler ? ? :rolleyes:

interesting update ! !
;) :cool:

Wow! I go off roaming in the EU3 and CK forums for a year and a half and when I come back this AAR is still running! Well congratulations, Duke, funny as ever. But I have to confess that, preferring to read slowly and savour each update, I don't think I'll be catching up on the 100 odd pages I've missed. Still, with only 30 years left to play maybe I can look forward to being in on the end of it! :)

Farquharson said:
I don't think I'll be catching up on the 100 odd pages I've missed. Still, with only 30 years left to play maybe I can look forward to being in on the end of it! :)

Well, I did for the last 2 days and I must say, great, great AAR. Although, at first, I didn't appreciate much the change to a little funnier AAR, after some updates I must say that by now it wasn't bad at all.

And the changes that this AAR suffered, never crossed my mind! I thought this would be an AAR of glory and victories over victories, but well, you really surprised me there.

Congratulations Duke of Wellington, really great fun for me to read this. Some pleasant hours I spent here. Thank you.

Its been two years? Christ.

Also real khans dont need a council or women, other than the baby making function.

First off, Happy birthday to the Horde!

Second (and most importantly), I'm wondering whether or not the current Khan is entirely sane to call a "parliament". Is it possible for the Horde to be ruled in that way?

Am I going to get poked by the diplomatic tools for that?

Mettermrck - She's a true Horde female.

nette001 - Thanks.

Emperor_krk - One of the most militarised in the world no doubt, it's why they're so great.

Saulta - Thanks a lot.

Lord_D - I guess it's time to modernise at last.

germanpeon - Thanks, aye second opinions could be the end of it all.

Chief Ragusa - I see you will one quite happy to farewell with Khaliph when the time arrives.

Tomczas - It's a worrying time...

GhostWriter - That qualifies as uzbek does it? :D

Farquharson - Great to see you back Farq. No worries about not catching up having you along for the end will be fine.

Mr.Moon - Praise like that is always appreciated so thanks a lot.

billy bob - Spoken like a true old timer of the Horde I think.

SirruShan - Possible or not, it's going to be tried.