• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Minister of Revolts! Great idea!

Any other innovative institutions you didn't tell us yet? Ministry of Complaints and Beheading? Office for Reverse Promotions?

After defeating Uzbek you should have enough time to wait for the RR to go down. BTW, what about your BB?

Great going, Duke! You're well on your way to recreating the Mongol Empire at it's height! Here's hoping you get a conquistador soon and then another one after you conquer Mongolia (for all non-AGCEEP-players: that's a pagan nation in the Siberian Corridor), so you can conquer the corridor.

Do you have any other objective, like rebuilding the Mongol empire from the hight of it's size?

The latest screenie is odd. No vassal Uzbek? How did that happen? Broke vassalage and got annexed?

Grundius - I'm certainly hoping to. Its still gonna be a while though before I can even get a random conquistador.

GrimPagan - Its starting to seem like a possibility

jwolf - A real man would have a death wish then ;)

Lurken - They're still there that little nation beneath Karsak.

Nobegow - I hope so too ;)

Jordal - Thanks :(

Duke of Wellington said:
Lurken - They're still there that little nation beneath Karsak.
Ah...so that is the Uzbeks...

2-header.jpg
Khan Ahmad's Reign : Part 3
The rebels were numerous but disorganised. They had laid siege to the city of Nura but clearly had little experience in such matters. Their siege concentrated on the main gates of the city with nothing more than a few sentries elsewhere.

Ahmad split his army into three. The battle would be simple. Two parts of the army would press the rebels from either side while Ahmad led a charge down through the middle to finish them off. Caught against the walls of the city they would face attack from three sides by Ahmad's armies and from the defenders of the city too.
107-abouttodie.jpg
The battle went entirely to plan. The rebels who were mostly on foot and armed only with shamshirs and the occasional rhomphaia faced no chance against the charge of the experienced Horde. But their inexperience was no cause for mercy, every last one of the rebels was slaughtered. It was forbidden to bury the bodies, they had to lie on the fields only to be eaten by the scavenging animals of the steppes.

Word of what had happened spread quickly across the land. So much so that rebels in Krementjug fled to the neighbouring Polish province of Ukraine rather than face the Horde.

Midway through 1476 Ahmad received excellent news at his court. The rebellious attitude of the populous was traced back to one group calling them themselves the Golden Brotherhood. The members and leaders of the Golden Brotherhood were tracked down one by one until their leader a man named Goldstahn was caught. His fate was to put it mildly, nasty and the finer details will be omitted.

Soon after his removal the rebellions stopped. Ahmad was needless to say overjoyed and congratulated himself by naming a colony after himself.
110-ahmadakand.jpg
The residents too were ecstatic about no longer being Sayyidstanians but but Ahmadakandians​

Ahmad continued to pursue economic growth over the next year but October 1477 saw discontent amongst nobles at the growth in wealth of the central state. They refused to pay their taxes and led several rebellions. Ahmad crushed them all without mercy but the reverberations would be felt for sometime as the nations stability suffered.

The next years income had to be spent on replenishing the army and it was just as well for in August 1478 Muscowy declared war for the second time. Apparently they had not learnt. Ahmad was eager for this war it was his chance to enter the same league as Ulugh the Great.

The war began with two quick offensives by Muscowy. One struck north and captured all the northern colonies of the Horde. The other moved south with two armies and laid siege to Tambow and Saratow
111-theattack.jpg

They invade at the start of winter! I think I give the Muscovites more credit than they deserve

Khan Ahmad prepared his army for the upcoming battle. But they needed little encouragement. They had beaten the Muscovites decisively before and saw no reason that things should be any different this time. The army rode north from Volgograd in high spirits.

The counter offensive was successful. Both armies besieging Horde land were decimated and another that arrived later met the same fate. Encouraged by the success Ahmad led his army on into Muscowy territory laying siege to Vorones.
112-counterattack.jpg
Muscowy ignored the invasion and again invaded Tambow. Eventually an army of nearly 25,000 men laid siege to it. In the bravest act of the war an army of 11,000 men led by the young and inexperienced Kairwan, charged them. All 25,000 Muscovites were killed or deserted. Ahmad was so pleased with the vicory he promoted Kairwan to general.

Seeing the main force of Muscowy destroyed Sweden joined the war.

In May 1480 Muscowy attacked the force led by Khan Ahmad. The battle was a disaster for the Horde. Not only were they forced to flee but Khan Ahmad lost a leg and an eye in the fray of battle. Incapacitated he was forced to return to Volgograd to sit out the rest of the war. From the capital Ahmad directed his men to lay siege to Vorones again and also to invade the north recapturing the Horde territories before moving onto the northern Muscowy ones.
113-thewholewar.jpg
The whole war near the end of 1480. Due to military access my men were suffering no attrition​

One quiet night in December 1480 a shadowy figure was seen creeping around the palace in Volgograd. Guards chased him but he was too quick he had disappeared. Just then a scream from the royal chamber alerted the guards to his location. They were too late all they found was Ahmad's mistress weeping over his lifeless body. Muscowy had struck back. The assassin threw himself out a high window and perished rather than fall into the hands of the Horde alive.

Ahmad was missed but not mourned. His reign had been good, the Horde had expanded but his reforms had not been popular and he would never get what he had wanted so dearly, to be known as Ahmad the Great.

Tricksy swedes, they want to steal your precious. *Cough* I mean, you better make sure that you get a better deal than they do, as it was your efforts that has made the Rus ripe for conquest.

GrimPagan said:
Tricksy swedes, they want to steal your precious. *Cough* I mean, you better make sure that you get a better deal than they do, as it was your efforts that has made the Rus ripe for conquest.
Its sorted out now and I got the deal I wanted even though i could have got more, but you'll see ;)

2-header.jpg
Sayyid Ahmad II's Reign
Khan Ahmad had died without a son or even an immediate heir. This left the Horde in some disarray for over a month. Eventually one of several candidates was chosen. His name was Batukun but he chose the title Sayyid Ahmad II for it was who he was descended from.

114-newkhansayyid2.jpg

His choice was not the most popular though among many. Afterall he was young, inexperienced and not much of a leader to look at. There were even rumours that the 300 ducats recently added to the Hordes treasury were in fact a bribe in order to secure the throne for Sayyid.

Sayyid spent most of first few months enjoying the luxuries og a Khan's life. With the money he had he upgraded many tax collection services throughout the Hordes more distant lands. But his military skills were limited when asked what to do in Vorones when the besieging army was threatened by a large Muscovite one in a neighbouring province he ordered them to retreat.
116-retreat.jpg

After only ten months on the throne Sayyid Ahmad II was challenged by another of the candidates Murtada who had raised a small army. But Sayyid took the same tactic he had ordered the army to do in Vorones, he fled for his life. Leaving the throne to Murtada

Last edited:
Go for the CoT or the refinery, they will make nice additions to the royal coffers and research. Althought I expect that it is that you have done.

Too bad Muscovy didn't strike right after that big revolt event a while back. Would have been more, ah, interesting. ;) I was confused by what you wrote about Sweden -- did they intervene for or against Muscovy?

Let's see, right now would be a great time for another Uzbek betrayal and backstabbing, wouldn't you think? :p

I say go for Nizhgorod, Olonets, Kola and Karelia. The CoT in Novgorod will disappear unless you prevent Muscovy from becoming Russia.

Just what you need - succession problems while at war. Handy, however, that you have that access when the DoW. Not a bad deal. I didn't even realize that worked that way.

One thing though (a personal pet peeve of mine) - the most misused word in the English language is "decimate." You wrote the following: "Both armies besieging Horde land were decimated..."

Over time, the idea that decimate means to destroy all has taken root, but in truth, decimate means to destroy/kill one in every ten. Probably not what you meant to say. It's just a little crusade I have going that makes me correct people on it. You may now smack me over the head for pointing it out. ;)

coz1 said:
Over time, the idea that decimate means to destroy all has taken root, but in truth, decimate means to destroy/kill one in every ten. Probably not what you meant to say. It's just a little crusade I have going that makes me correct people on it. You may now smack me over the head for pointing it out. ;)

And my mother always told me the internet is no place for education ;) .

Oh, I forgot *smack*.