• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
top.jpg
Goyotsetseg Radnaabazar: Part 1
Chilaun's untimely death appeared to be a tragic and freak accident. Most gave it no more thought and set about mourning the loss of a Khan who was just beginning to show promise. However recent historical investigation has shown that this interpretation may not be entirely accurate.
step2.jpg

This is the 'puddle'.
Concrete-Concrete_Foudations.jpg

Chilaun was found to be wearing shoes made of this material​
Whoever was responsible for this assassination was clearly unorthodox as the use of a non-stabbing or beheading method of killing was a first in Horde history. The guilty party will probably never be known.

The throne was not empty for long though. In fact mere minutes after news of the death was broken Goyotsetseg Radnaabazar arrived in Astrakhan with his personal army to take over power in a most non-hereditary fashion.
676-goyo.png

678-name.png

Goyotsetseg Radnaabazar (Most referred to him simply as Goyo. His wife however preferred 'pookums' a fact Goyo tried hard to keep suppressed) had a long and distinguished career in the army. Thus his ascendancy was largely unchallenged and he could quickly get down to the usual Horde business.

This of course included rejecting the customary English request for military access.
677-again.png

The mysterious request keeps coming back. They are at war with Zimbabwe, perhaps their geography is a little off?

Goyo did however quickly revive the trading side of a the Horde, one that had been neglected for far too long.
679-yay.png

Excellent

Goyo had an strong belief in the power of public relations/propaganda. Thus he issued a series of books on various topics.
fsdf.jpg

Illustration from Tartarasia in which the brave Tartar hero (shown here in hat decorated in an Islamic cresent moon and stars) battles the uprising of uzbek slaves (shown here as brooms)

The books were a hit amongst the younger generations. A popularity reflected in the naming of the toy that swept through the Horde as a craze amongst children in 1737.
two.gif

The go-yo named after the khan

Goyo's real priorities lay though in military expansion. A fact that soon emerged as the years income was poured into new troops.
680-armies.png

Attack dogs are teh r0x0rz! :D

Hmmm, maybe I mised the size of the puddle a wee bit.

billy bob - An understandable error with the puddle, history is tricky.

J. Passepartout - He ain't too bad to be in charge. Glad you like the propaganda.

Venz - Welcome along. ALways good to see new people here. Nothing personal against uzbeks just they've been rivals for along time.

At the risk of being flamed by a rabid billy bob writing in 'young person' :p

Will there be an Uzbek liberation event?

The Uzbeks were expelled a century or so ago for one revolt too many, I think, from all lands of the Horde. Those that survived the transatlantic cruise in their not very seaworthy boats joined with some (lost) Swedes in Ennedica and were freed as the (First) Uzbek State of Ennedica. The Danes soon went to war with this single province state, but made a pigsear of it. Whether (F)USE has flourished is not known, since they haven't been the subject of an update since.

Horde lands have been liberated from the Uzbek menace!

Wow, your first reasonably capable monarch in ages. Let's hope this one lives longer than the last...

Vann

PrawnStar said:
At the risk of being flamed by a rabid billy bob writing in 'young person' :p

Will there be an Uzbek liberation event?

NO uZBEK SHALL EVER BE FREE! DIE uZBEK SCUM, DIE!

(In no way is this meant to incite present day Uzbeks to attempt an assasination attempt on me,)

EDIT:I have over 100 posts in this thread. :D

Last edited:
The new Khan looks promising (once again). I would like to see a reforging of the great Horde of yorn before 1819. Perhaps he is up to it?

Duke of Wellington: ...Goyo's real priorities lay though in military expansion. A fact that soon emerged as the years income was poured into new troops.

excellent use of your annual income ! ! :D

awesome updates ! ! :cool:

PrawnStar - No. We do not speak of uzbek liberation.

Chief Ragusa - True, thats the only time liberation and uzbek belong together, when referring to the Hordes freedom from them.

Vann the Red - He may do but who knows.

billy bob - Thats quite a lot of posts now.

Grundius - It's well worth a shot anyway.

GhostWriter - It is, the Horde and military belong together.

CatKnight - Because the quality of a nations toys should be how to judge an empire.

*saunters in*

So... what did I miss?

*reads thread*

Wow... :eek:

Keep it up!

Yes, it's nice to be back. RL's been kinda hectic for a while, with a couple of exams and all. I'm still going to be busy till the end of the month, but after that I hope to be back good and proper.

I've been playing EU3 quite a bit in my spare time, and I hope to make an AAR out of one of my games.

Well, bring on the update tonight (hopefully)!

top.jpg
Goyotsetseg Radnaabazar: Part 2
Goyotsetseg Radnaabazar was characterised by two main things. An unusually long name and serious ambition. Naturally his ambition and pride left him feeling rather unsatisfied with the state of the Golden Horde ho took over. He had read the tales of his ancestors and their belief in Blue Heaven that watched over and guided them. Of course as a good Muslim Goyo knew better than to believe in Blue Heaven but he still felt that divine favour lay with the Khan who acted with strength.

Goyo also believed in the wisdom of following the lessons that could be learned from watching nature at action. One morning whilst on his morning jog (a fit and trim Khan is a good Khan Goyo always liked to say) through Astrakhan he watched a stray dog mark its territory. Suddenly it dawned on him, this was a divine sign showing him the way, the Golden Horde had to mark its territory.
Dog20pissing.jpg

A stray dog in the process of causing Goyo's epiphany

Goyo took the lesson to heart immediately and that day set about creating a new set of maps showing the true extent of the Horde. To settle for any less would be giving up.
682-ours.png

And so on, you get the idea
683-cores.png

The new maps

The move was a wise one for Goyo. It showed to his army that he meant business and provided a clear set of goals to strive for. No longer would the Golden Horde be at the mercy of fate and circumstances, she would make her own future.

A firm believer in divide and conquer, Goyo realised that in order for the Horde to overcome its ills it would have to prioritise expansion. He therefore practised the age old art of extending a hand in greeting whilst concealing a dagger with the other. The lucky recipient of the handshake was none other than the Russian Khanate.
684-ally.png

Allies for now

Perhaps noting this move and the changes it made in power in the region Tataristan sought comfort in an alliance with Mongolia.
685-alliancebad.png

A fat lot of good that'll do you

Such petty moves were of little concern to Goyo. His focus remained on the army. He initiated a minor reformation to increase their fighting skills but more importantly bolstered their ranks by nearly ten thousand new recruits.