• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PrawnStar - You wanted more blood? Did you see how Muhammad III met his end? As for your question regarding BB well just wait and see.

J. Passepartout - Not a good sign of the times.

Terraferma - He would have been a welcome one to hang around.

Walter Model - If he lives long enough maybe he will get better.

Vann the Red - Wise words given the trend.

Walter Model - So thats how the steps did it. An amusing story there :D

stnylan - Maybe he will but its a big ask.

Walter Model - Well Murtada II was pretty good wasn't he?

Chief Ragusa -:D A good joke and I do like the use of Khanage.

Battle bunny - Most people not Tatar are mainly sub-human anyway but yes the Manchu are right down there with the uzbeks.

Chilaun...will he be the one to unite all former Horde lands? I seriously doubt it, although he has passable skills.

Grundius - Maybe he will, Khan's have been rated poorly before. But maybe he'll just get beheaded.

All - Just a reminder that the AARland choice awAARds are running until the 30th of March so if you should head along and vote now if you haven't already. There's a link in my sig.

top.jpg
Chilaun : Part 1
640-chilaun-1.png

Worse than Muhammad II but at least he is whole
To say that Chilaun inherited a difficult nation to rule over would be something of an underestimation. The empire was crumbling. A high turn over of the top job had left it very unstable. The southern lands were under invasion and to the west enemies eagerly gathered their strength for a coming onslaught.
643-invasions.png

Enemy forces from the Ottoman Empire and Mesopotamia head on in

The legacy of the year of four khans was an extreme mess that left Chilaun with much to tidy up. Near the top was restoring faith in the army. First he ordered that expenses be cut in all areas so that what remained might go towards the upkeep of the army. This kind of centrally planned saving has since become known as centri-frugal force.

One of the worse legacies for Chilaun was the lack of a military presence in the restless Russian area. Carried out by Muhammad II with the aim of protecting the capital it became one of the biggest blunders ever commited.

The lack of any policing force in the region was all the freedom needed for the Russian khans to declare their independence from the ineffective rule of the Golden Horde.
641-russian.png

642-russiankhanate.png

644-breakup.gif

The complete disintegration of the Golden Horde as the Russian Khanate joins the list of lost territories

Well, we'll always have Paris.

Metaphorically speaking.

As no khan ever went there.

But the point is still sound. Or bullshit. Hard to tell with metaphors.

What's one more? What's one more!? I'll tell you what's one more: 23 provinces and your reputation as a fearsome nation!

GrimPagan said:
Well, we'll always have Paris.

Metaphorically speaking.

As no khan ever went there.

But the point is still sound. Or bullshit. Hard to tell with metaphors.

At this point, they never will.

Ummmm. 5 khans? AAAAAH! Im so confuse! :wacko:

Not much left at all.

I'm starting to think he'll convert it to Victoria! :eek: This is crazy, but very funny :) Keep it up Duke!

GrimPagan - Good points. Maybe. Possibly. I too do not know.

Chief Ragusa - Trading? Thats sounds like hard work. Not work for a Horde like killing and beheading.

J. Passepartout - One can hope.

Grundius - Time indeed, but a tricky task.

SirruShan - Good point. Shall have to remedy that, especially the reputation part for that really is the key to being the Horde.

Terraferma - I should like to prove you wrong on that.

billy bob - Sounds like more than you are. The Horde is getting too strange.

stnylan - Too true.

Saulta - That would be interesting. Especially since I have no idea how to play Vicky :D

Good grief! The Horde is all but destroyed. Do you have plans to reconquer all of that before the game finishes? And how far down will you let things go before you begin the "reconquista"? I mean, I am seriously beginning to think there is some major uzbek blood in these Khans!

top.jpg
Chilaun : Part 2

Chilaun had studied his history well during his youth. He therefore knew the grisly fate that usually awaited any Khan deemed incompetent. In most minds surely losing over half an empire would be grounds to be labelled incompetent. As a precaution against attacks he took to wearing an iron collar about his neck to make any surprise beheading somewhat more difficult. It proved to be an unnecessary measure. For some reason Chilaun was spared being made the scapegoat of the losses. Historians have puzzled over this inconsistent lack of bloodlust within the Horde for generations but most put it down to simple apathy. The people no longer really cared. So much had been lost, a bit more just didn't matter.

This apathy and the accompanying sense of inevitable decline would become some of Chilaun's greatest obstacles as he sort to rally the army for an assault upon the forces threatening the Horde.

His favoured first target was Tataristan, ruled over by the traitorous Berke it showed the greatest degree of organisation amongst the new nations and therefore presented the biggest threat if left to grow.

However only one army responded to Chilaun's orders and began an invasion. The others refused to leave their positions believing the Ottoman invasion a greater threat. Chilaun, knowing his authority had little backing was in no position to force the generals into a campaign against their will.
644-intotataristan.png

Only one army, the Holy Golden Hooves of Freedom, makes it's way into hostile territory
645-southinvaded.png

The other armies prefer to guard against the Ottoman led invasion of the south

In a stroke of luck war broke out between Tataristan and the Blue Horde a short way into 1730. This provided a valuable distraction to Tataristan troops which enabled Chilaun to convince one more army to head into the rebellious lands.

Soon as many troops in Tataristan were from the Blue Horde as Tataristan itself. It was to make the whole thing a confusing mess and many battles were fought against both opposing sides. The superior experience and leadership of the Golden Horde armies meant most were victories. However the costs in men were high. Many began to fear that the Horde would not be able to sustain such losses. Especially in the face of the determined Ottoman invasion.

The Ottoman invasion took control of Georgia and Daghestan in February 1731 while the only solid progress by Horde armies was the capture of Irgiz in Tataristan. The situation was dire and Chilaun could only hope that the pressure would propel the majority of the Horde's army into action.
646-georgiafalls.png

The invasion of the south meets with success