• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The lizards killed me. :rofl: Too much!

Nice work with the Uzbeks, even if you don't have any friends. I'd be more concerned with keeping all that size as it is now. I fear more rebellion will arise and it will be difficult to hold everything together. And as far as Crimea goes - I can almost assure that we have yet to see the last of them.

Is that purple nation to the south the Mughal Empire? I would try to get an alliance with them. Mameluks are not that good imho because of the event that let's the OE annex them once they control the capital of Mameluks. Still, you'll have to humble the OE one way or the other. Perhaps let them advance deep into Horde territory, refuse to fight them while you invade them in the Balkan and the Middle East?

Nice idea with the lizards :D

But don't ally with the mamelucks, it will only bring you a war against Ottomans, which you can't afford yet. I would still go for an Alliance with the ottomans, you jneed a strong ally with such a low tech

stnylan - That he is

Lurken - Cheers

GrimPagan - Tech is getting to really be a problem. Good idea about heading south.

jwolf - Yeah didn't think of that. I'm still trying to work out what diplomatic avenues to take myself.

coz1 - I feel confident of more revolts :( . The suze is getting to be quite something now just keeping track of the number of revolts and where they are.

Grundius - Mughals from Kushka right and Fars on the left. The Mughals are actually not in an alliance at the moment so maybe something to consider but I'm unsure how much they really have to offer.

Iche_Bins - The Mamluks have been getting beaten consistently by the OE so I doubt I will ally with them. Also they and all their allies hate my guts and I can't really afford to improve relations.

The Suebian - Good thinking, perhaps they will have to be crushed at some time.

2-header.jpg
Technology

And here's the map of military technology in the Horde and neighbours. The first number is land tech the second naval, though that should be of little consequence in this game.

215-techs.jpg

Not a pretty picture

Well, I would just like to say, screw naval. Considering your position, using any money on it would be a waste at the present time, as military technology should take presedency, perhaps combined with infra tech to improve production and reduce revolt risks. Considering your size, a mobile army to counter enemies and tech to reduce the resentment amongst non-national groups might be a good option.

The down side with military tech is that it will reduce the shock effect of your cavalary, so you better make a decision reguarding your military structure for the future.

The reduction in shock is a price I think I will have to pay to keep up with CRT, the war with OE showed that I jut couldn't beat them due to tech difference. Don't worry I haven't invested anything in naval since day one beyond that which comes from the monarch and neighbours, I only included it for comparison

What level are England/France/Spain and the like lurking at? Sweden looks comparatively backward.

Perhaps the game should have what Civilization 1 and 2 had: the ability to steal technology as soon as you capture an enemy city. So OE has 11? Capture one of those backward asian provinces and voila: no more disadvantage :D. Problem is of course, that it would go both ways :( .

Well, the ottoman belongs to the orthodox tech group (it can even change to the latin) so hoping to pass it would be a long shot, keeping not too far behind would be more realistic option (look at the bright side, their tech will give you a neighbour bonus :D ).

Duke of Wellington said:
As soon as you conquer Beijing with Mzab ;)
We are nearly there Duke...

Man, that has to suck just barely being a tech level above Siber. But the one to watch is certainly your southern neighbor. That's quite a difference and when given their leaders and manpower...good luck.

I enjoy this AAR quite a bit. I especially like the good use of pictures. I wish I could remember to make more screeshots myself.