• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Falconhurst

Tibetan Admiral
92 Badges
Feb 23, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Every Buddhist seeks to achieve transcendental enlightenment through the eightfold path, which consists of Right Understanding, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Awareness, and Right Meditation. Buddha taught: “Him I call indeed a Brahman who does no evil through body, speech, or mind, and is restrained in these three respects.” But can these principles help not only individuals, but nations?

There are uncivilized nations like Persia, Japan, China, Korea, and Punjab that have valuable resources, technology, or potentially constructive relationships with powerful Western powers. Some nations, such as Punjab, have event chains that will let them become powerful and more technologically advanced nations by assuming the throne of an ancient power (i.e. Mughalistan). Others, such as Persia and Japan, have the opportunity to acquire dozens of Western Techs and civilize. Still others, such as China, have the vast manpower and resources that can make it fairly easy to become civilized.

Then there is Tibet. In 1836, Tibet was one of the most backwards countries on the planet. Tibet had no resources to attract Western imperialists and merchants with their technology. Tibet's prestige, military, and industrial power are all zero. While uncivilized nations like Punjab start with at least two techs in each area, Tibet has no technology at all. While advanced uncivilized nations can build cavalry, Tibet's military potential is limited only to irregular infantry. No valuable resources are produced in the nation; only cattle. Tibet has no positive relations and no alliances with any neighbor.

It seemed that the future, which seemed to hold such bright prospects even for many of Tibet's uncivilized neighbors, held no promise for Tibet except to remain isolated and forgotten on the roof of the world, a relic of antiquity bypassed by the development and progress that was rapidly changing the face of the outside world.

This is the tale of how Tibet went from a backwards and uncivilized nation to the dominant superpower, whose imperial borders encompassed 90% of the world's population. You will read here of how Tibetans went from tending Yaks to building automobiles, how Tibet went from a remote and impoverished nation to the hub of world commerce, and how the Tibetan army defeated technologically superior foes and marched as liberators through the streets of Berlin, London, Washington, Paris, Moscow, Vienna, and Beijing.

It all started one day when a young yak herder made a startling discovery.

A Victoria 1.03c + VIP 0.4b AAR by Falconhurst

Tibet, eh? The only advantages I can see are a fairly decent population and multiple provinces, which allows for trading. I can't work how you'll do it, though.

Now this looks very interesting. Good luck! :cool:

Fiftypence said:
Tibet, eh? The only advantages I can see are a fairly decent population and multiple provinces, which allows for trading.

Not really. There is no sea coast nor is the border contiguous with any major power, and major players (like Russia) do not value provinces they cannot reach. Plus unciv means only half as many diplomatic initiatives as civilized nations -- 0.5 DI/year. Considering that relations with all surrounding nations are zero, it would take decades to get into the relationship realm where a trade even of contiguous provinces could be considered.

Yep Tibet is very hard IMo , unciv ,no tech (even not whater wheel power) ,not many neighbours that can easily be defeated.War is about youre only option ,but whome to take on? Burma maybe ,Punjab would be harder ,BeiC or china almost impossible.Even then with only irregulars and no leaders artrittion is going to eat you.

That said ,certain neighbours of yours have some interresting millitary techs... ;) (is no-land trading a rule? )

There's "WC" in the title, and after what I saw already, I'm rather sure that he will made it :).

WC with Tibet? Interesting... I thought my almost WC with Zulu was good, but this completely pales my achivements. I will most certainly be keeping an eye on this.

Once again another interesting looking Falconhurst AAR...

WC with Tibet, what is this mysterious revelation the 'Yak-boy' has had?

Finally, this is what I've been wanting for Christmas. To see how Falconhurst takes an unciv and turns it into a powerhouse

This will be very interesting indeed. The best I'ver ever done with an unciv is *almost* civilise Zulu. But Tibet? Wow.

We're looking forward to the WC you do with Sikkhim next :)

CMcU

If you oull this of Falconhurst, which I suspect you already have done, after numerous trial and errors. Will enjoy the ride, good chap.

Ground rules:
Victoria 1.03c + VIP 0.4b
normal difficulty, normal aggressiveness
NO EXPLOITS

The ethics of Buddhist Tibet require that the AAR be done fairly and in harmony with equitable principles.

None of the exploits listed on the Vickywiki page will be used:
http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/Exploits

No "beads for Manhattan" land trades

In addition, the field will be further limited by prohibiting bankruptcy, even though this is not a formal exploit. My past AARs (WC with civilized minors) have used bankruptcy to great effect, but it will not be necessary here.

This AAR will demonstrate WC with Tibet without ever going under financially. And #1 status in the world within 25 years...all with "fair play."

Enjoy the ride.

wew... I am interested in this... You will fight the UK and its minors? And use that for civilisation? Like you can do with China...

I have seen what Falconhurst have done before and I loved his AAR's and I think I will like this one even more :) Good luck with Tibet.