• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
congrats Duke of Wellington on your award, your AARs are very creative and humorous.

Well deserved IMO. Congratulations Duke of Wellington!

Thanks for the nod CSK. And thanks to everyone for your kind words. I really enjoy being a readAAR on here but my own experience as a writAAR has taught me that it is as much comments as creativity that keep AARs running. So I do my best to help out and encourage as many as I can. Unfortunately I do not have the time to read all the AARs I would like to. Therefore I focus on the EU AARs (EU being my favourite P'Dox game). For that reason there are a lot of good AARs I miss, particularly in CK.

@ WalterSorry for not reading your AARs as I explained above its just a lack of time. I'll head over to your Rise and Fall AAR now.

Congratulations Wellington old boy. I see your name in the forums frequently.

Let me add a belated congrats...

Like so many of our other great authors we find with Duke that the best writers are also the best fans. Coincidence, I think not.

Congratulations, DoW!

For whatever reason it doesn't seem that long ago when you first received this award, but it's been almost a year!

But you're definitely one of our most deserving awardees! You're just all over!

Rensslaer

p.s. Index of winners updated up to the end of 2006!

Many congrats to you, Duke! You deserve it just as much as back when I bestowed you the title. We were both young at this time, and things were better. Have you noticed how desperately silly nowadays youth grow?

Oh, okay, I get back to my hospice now. :D

Rensslaer said:
For whatever reason it doesn't seem that long ago when you first received this award, but it's been almost a year!

But you're definitely one of our most deserving awardees! You're just all over!
Thanks Rens :)

I too was surprised to get it again thinking it wasn't that long ago but it has been a while hasn't it? :eek:

Nil-The-Frogg said:
Many congrats to you, Duke! You deserve it just as much as back when I bestowed you the title. We were both young at this time, and things were better. Have you noticed how desperately silly nowadays youth grow?
Wasn't it BBBD that gave it too me? But yes how the times have changed since our innocent first steps into these forums :p

Duke of Wellington said:
Wasn't it BBBD that gave it too me? But yes how the times have changed since our innocent first steps into these forums :p
Yeah, my bad. I gave it to Stuyvesant actually. I just remember I hesitated between the two of you. Bah, you know what happens to memory with age, eh? :(

Congrats Duke!

You are if you refuse to be Fan of the Forum, a close second to that. You comment on works in different games than you play, something that we all wish we could do, but don't. I'm surprised that you've only gotten this award twice actually.

Well a new year and a new fan of the week. I've chosen a fan who is a long time member of these boards yet has, as far as I know, never received this award. This is a shame for they have been a dedicated reader of many AARs always offering valuable insightful comments. He has read all of my AARs and become the most regular commenter. His comments are always good to read and he is willing to point out when things aren't going as well in game as they should. He has even influenced the direction I have taken in games on numerous occasions. He is none other than Grundius. Well done and congratulations.

Well done Grundius!