• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Avindian, one more question, who is Ikarses? It's the second time in a short period you make a spelling mistake! not good :D

Congratulations, Ikarases! I know you're very active with HOI, as a player, contributor to mods, AAR writer and commenter. Hearing you're branching out to Vicky is almost terrifying, considering how much you already do... ;)

Many congratulations.

I nominate Ikarases for his large commenting spree in the HoI3 forums! Yes, he won this AwAARd already, but I feel he deserves it a second time (and, he even went commenting on a V2 AAR, which is, strange...). Congratz Ikar!

I've actually commented on three non-HoI 3 AARs in total, so beware! :p

Thank you, Belgian ;)

As the tradition orders me, I have to point out some of the best AARs I've read recently (excluding mine, of course! :happy:).

As Belgiumruler correctly mentioned, I'm subscribed to a few non-HoI 3 AARs as well. I very much enjoy this Victoria 2 AAR: Österreich Uber Alles - Austrian Polandball AAR by Nick Giordano. I haven't seen such a sophisticated polandball AAR in a long time.

As for HoI 3 AARs... probably everything that is on the front page :blush:

Great classic:

El Pip's Inevitable Defeat aka what you yet didn't know about First Slovak Republic.

Adorable polandball:

Belgiumruler's Iran-in-nuking.

Decent narrations:

enigmamcmxc's German Reich
Skywalker's Qing Empire
Illarum's All Alone
farlite's Hauptmann

Enjoyable gameplays:

SKOTy's Empire of the Rising Sun
guillec87's Glauben! Kämpfen! Siegen!
TehDarkMiner's Axis Australia
Kensai7's Pragmatic Germany

Newbie's inception:

TheDudeLv's PRC

Now, I don't expect you to read all of the AARs, but if I made one of you read at least one of them, I think the purpose of this post has been fulfiled. They're all great, you can count on that! :)

Thank you for all the congratulations above (and below) and if I forget to pick a new FotW until 17th, feel free to PM me!

Ikarases

Ah, that is quite a silly tradition. If I had attempted to list all the great AARs during 2008-10 my post would have reached the limit of how long it can be. :p

Nowadays I'm lazy to read that many AARs.

Reactions:
Congratulations indeed. And I'm not just saying that because you say I'm writing a Great Classic.

But thanks for that as well. ;)

I know you're very active with HOI, as a player, contributor to mods, AAR writer and commenter. Hearing you're branching out to Vicky is almost terrifying, considering how much you already do... ;)

Modding (whether for HPP or not) is a great passion of mine, although when I don't finish something in one go (but that applies literally to everything), it takes me a lot of time to get back to it. I'm trying to learn and have somewhat more consistent motivation via writing AARs. So they're mostly updated daily, or they are on a quarter-year's hiatus... :)

Ah, that is quite a silly tradition. If I had attempted to list all the great AARs during 2008-10 my post would have reached the limit of how long it can be. :p

Nowadays I'm lazy to read that many AARs.

My effort on making that list was next to none compared to the effort of the AARtists. But I couldn't just link you here the whole HoI 3 AAR section, that would be too cheap, wouldn't it? :p

Congratulations indeed. And I'm not just saying that because you say I'm writing a Great Classic.

But thanks for that as well. ;)

Your AAR is one of the few AARs I follow in the AD timeline of my presence here on the forum. I guess it's worth reading then! :)

Last edited:
Since my week of glory is nearly over and my ability to orient in time is nearing to zero with the ongoing holidays, I shall nominate the next fan of the week now. It will be no other forumite than red_KLG. He has been a great supporter of my AARs since the very beginning, but not only my AARs were impacted by his presence. Having him commenting on your AAR is a valuable accomplishment and his comments are always done with great insight of the given thing.

Congratulations and one question; what does "KLG" stand for? Are those just random letters or not? :)

Very many congratulations.

Hey all and thank you ikar for the nomination. I will be super vigilant in my pursue to find the next week's fan !!! I might even start once more stepping into other AAR subforums besides HOI3. For the record a couple of years I spend a whole summer at work reading the Victoria AAR subforum, and last summer CK and EUIV... but since then its been pretty much HOI3 and HOI2.

As for the story behind the initials KLG, as I much as I want to relate to Contravarius's story, I am afraid that the reality is a bit lame... Let's just say that during the old days of IRC I used to get server banned (KLines) and that stayed for the past 18 years, although I haven't stepped in an IRC server for the past 17 years (luckily) ;)

I ll be back with my nominated fan in a 4-5 days !!!!

Very well deserved, red_KLG! Congratulations!

Congratulations, Comrade Yakushev, on a well deserved award.