• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Lothos, a well deserved award.

However, it would have been nice to see some more appropriate reasons for the nomination. Mods are great, but not really one of the criteria for selecting the AARland fan of the week.

I'd like to emphasise that I am not questioning the passing of the award to Lothos in the slightest, it's just that this isn't the first time we have seen a nomination recently that appears to have misinterpreted the purpose for this award and made little or no mention of fan related activities in the nomination :)

There are two lines in Rensslaer's original post which I think capture precisely what we should be aiming for each week with this award;

This is our own corner devoted to pointing out and honoring those deserving fans who we, as writers (or as fans -- takes one to know one!), appreciate!

One thing I will suggest as a thread tradition is for the winners to tell us about a particular AAR they find most interesting as a fan -- one that often prompts them to comment. Or more than one, for that matter... Fans are usually all over. Here's your chance to showcase some of your favorites, if you like.

I'd really love it if we heard a little more about the AARs our fans of the week are reading and enjoying.

Congrats Lothos!

I'm actually quite eager to hear which AARs you follow.

I have not followed any sorry :(

Most of my time is split between my daughter and working on TRP issues/enhancements that people report back on their gaming experience. Also finding lists of enhancements/bugs for Paradox to look over when they have time. I was surprised to get nominated for this award and honestly not sure what exactly this award is for etc... regardless of weather I am qualified for the award or not is not important. The important thing is the person who nominated me had very good intentions and felt so strongly about it that they wanted to make their feelings/thoughts more public. Believe me I not only appreciate it but at this point in my life with how things are going every moment I can find that puts a smile on my face is a cherished moment.

For that I want to say thanks to Beagá :)

If Beagá wants to change it to someone else who falls more into the guideline parameters of the award I completely understand.

Another cool thing would be if people actually were to keep this award only one week at a time.
A year has what 52 weeks and we get something around 40 fan of the weeks per year?

First of all, when passing award send information about it to the next winner. Most people do not check the AARland main forum section that often.
Some people have their mailbox full, so maybe leave a comment on their profile? (also point out the rules to them in the fist post...)

If they do not respond within a week, (their time is over as fan of the week...) just pick someone else.

The whole point of award is about applauding someone's effort of reading AARs and keeping the AARland alive and prospering.

ALSO, this is not 'cool author of the week award', no authors of AARs have their own categories where they can win awards for writing well; this one is about saying 'thanks' to those people who show the authors that someone is reading their AARs, that they are not just writing thousands and thousands of lines that no one then reads.

Not the first time this reward has been 'derailed', but if people were just to read the OPs post they would understand how to pass the award on...

Reactions:
In that case I'd like to nominate Nikolai.

A long track record of supporting writaars new and old alike, its rare that I come across an AAR without Nikolai's name appearing in the comments offering some advice or encouragement.

Bloody hell... this award stalls for about a month and then the person who gets nominated AARland's Fan of the Week doesn't even read any AARs! At least I know for a fact that won't be a problem with our latest nominee. Congrats Nikolai, if memory serves me right you're one of the very, very select few individuals who have followed and commented on each and every one of my own AARs - a worthy winner based on that criteria alone, if I do say so myself! Congrats! :)

A fine choice for a winner. Though you may not have been present on much of my own work, I see you pop up in most of the threads I frequent – and, if I may blow my own horn – I'm somewhat catholic in my tastes. :p

Very well deserved indeed. Assuming the OP is up to date, I congratulate you also for completing the hat trick. :)

Very well deserved indeed. Assuming the OP is up to date, I congratulate you also for completing the hat trick. :)

*Genuinely surprised he's only won thrice* :eek:

I've seen that guy once commenting on one of my AARs! :eek: :D

Congratulations; with the amount of games you have, you really need a lot of time to go through all relevant AARs, I admire that! :)