• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations to KLorberau, Tate 43, and BarrosRodrigues!

I appreciate your support of my AARs, as well as of many others!

Rensslaer

Gratz BarrosRodrigues. ;)

Congrats BarrosRodrigues. Welcome fellow Fan o the Week Dude. And thank you Rensslaer for your kind words.

Maybe Barros didn't get the message?

I'm of the same opinion. But honestly, if you hadn't PM me about nominating me, I would be on it about the same :D

I just now PMed him. For future reference, it's a good to notify the award winner via PM as well as in the thread; not everybody follows these threads.

I have to start by saying that I am hugely honored for receiving this award so thank you all and especially Tate for nominating me. :)
I am sorry for the delay in acknowledging this, I do follow this thread regularly but for the first time in months (because I have been very busy) I was several days away from the forum or just had a quick 5 minutes look at the HOI3 AAR section. Since I am supposed to talk a bit about me... well I am a obviously Portuguese and just a regular guy that likes playing HOI3 a lot and like Tate said whenever possible I try to help fellow AAR writers with a few tips (I also try to contribute in the main HOI3 forum). Whenever possible I try to read other AAR besides the HOI3 one’s but since I never played any other PI game besides HOI3 I am usually only a lurker. BTW I would like to take this opportunity to thank all AAR writers for all their effort and creativity that make this forum such a wonderful place.
Now my nomination of the new fan of the week is bound to be unfair to all other good fans/folks on these forums that deserve it. I am nominating DensleyBlair because fortunately he is the opposite of me, despite his admittedly limited knowledge of HOI3 I usually see him providing great feedback in the HOI3 section which is admirable. So congratulations DensleyBlair! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations from me too!

Wow, I'm truly honoured. To win the awAARd once is honour enough, but twice - I must be doing something right ;)

Thanks Barros. I really enjoy following your AAR, so I think it would be fair to say that the pleasure's all mine. As for following AARs for games I do not yet own (as soon as I can get a copy of Windows, my avatar will have a few more icons underneath it ;),) I am of the opinion that you don't need to own a game to derive enjoyment from reading about it. I imagine that it's a side effect of having been a Mac user for about nine years - during which time very few of the games in which I'm interested have been ported to Mac. There are loads of great things to read out there - this is a message to everyone: don't be put off by the fact that you might not understand what's going on. If anything, you'll only learn what you're seeing eventually ;)

To quote Freddie Mercury, "I thank you all."