• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Thanks everyone and thank you [MM]. I really don't deserve this for a second time in 12 months. But I'll accept it willingly and with great honor.

I am not a writer myself but throughly enjoy reading the AARs after winding down from a hard day at work. They are interesting, humorous, thought provoking and just plain old fun to read ! Thanks to all of you superb AAR writers. Thanks again everyone!

I would once again like to thank everyone for their congrats, and thank [MM] again for the nomination for Fan of the Week. I have been playing HOI3 for years, and although I play other games as well (WOT, Total War, Crusader Kings II) I find myself coming back to HOI3 over and over again. The variety of mods and versions are just great (I must confess, I am not good at downloading MODs and frequently ruin my program files.....lol).

With that said, I must confess for a love of German AAR's...I have played other nations as well, but find that playing Germany is the most fascinating and frustrating part of this game. As such, I usually follow German AARs, although I have been enjoying General Yamishit's Japanese AAR as well. I have never played multiplayer games, but find CptEasy's MP AAR ("Blitz Carnage") a very fun read as well....

In all, there are just too many great AAR's to comment about but I will name some of my favorites ("Doppelganger", "Tomorrow the World", "Combating the Policies of Encirclement", and one of my new favorites "To Reach the Wolga"). Sadly however, I have found that when I find an AAR that really gets in my blood ("Wehrmacht News and World Report", "Thru My Eyes - A TFH AAR") they die on the vine and are never to be updated again (sigh). I encourage anyone reading to check these out...and to you authors of these great AAR's - Keep em going till the end!!

With that said, I have noticed one of the fans making good comments on many of these same AARs noted above. His posts are fun to read and insightful many times....It appears he has only been around since July of last year, but already has twice the posts I do!! And I have been on the forums for like.........almost 10 years (boy do I feel old). So without further delay I nominate Ikarases as the next Fan of the Week!! Congrats Ikarases!

Congrats Ikarases!

Congratulations Ikarases!

In all, there are just too many great AAR's to comment about but I will name some of my favorites ("Doppelganger", "Tomorrow the World", "Combating the Policies of Encirclement", and one of my new favorites "To Reach the Wolga"). Sadly however, I have found that when I find an AAR that really gets in my blood ("Wehrmacht News and World Report", "Thru My Eyes - A TFH AAR") they die on the vine and are never to be updated again (sigh). I encourage anyone reading to check these out...and to you authors of these great AAR's - Keep em going till the end!!

With that said, I have noticed one of the fans making good comments on many of these same AARs noted above. His posts are fun to read and insightful many times....It appears he has only been around since July of last year, but already has twice the posts I do!! And I have been on the forums for like.........almost 10 years (boy do I feel old). So without further delay I nominate Ikarases as the next Fan of the Week!! Congrats Ikarases!

Thanks for your nomination, KLorberau!

Regarding the posts I´ve made so far; I could´ve been at 2000 by now, since I´m not that active on HoI 3 General discussion forum anymore (it might be for like two months?), but I´ve been active on HoI 3 AAR section since ever. That´s right, I never got outside the HoI 3 world. I think I´m fine where I am and HoI 3 just offers way too many possibilities to play, though the base game still stays the same and I just toy around, creating something like Baltic Union or playing post Bitter Peace USSR :)

If you take a look at the HoI 3 AARs forum, you can notice I´m not very picky about AARs. So far, I´ve two rules: I don´t read AARs with tons of text and minimum amount of pictures and those which were here before I came to these forums. The first is purely because of my personal preference (I like raw AARs more than some heavily narrative novels) and the second... because I´ve already missed something from the AAR. The comments I could´ve made and now they would be obsolete or mentioned. It would be like reading a book and that reverts me to the first rule...

I don´t think I´ve anything more to say, other than the award will stay in HoI 3 circles for a while (yes, I´m that ignorant I never got outside the HoI 3 world). And if I forget to post here on 22nd, just don´t be afraid to PM me and with some gentle tone tell me I should move my ass here :)

P.S. Marshall, you know what to do.

Congrats Ikarases!

I hope you´ve read some of my comments and that you didn´t congratulate out of pure politeness! :p Thanks though, it´s nice to be known outside the HoI 3 sphere :)

Congratulations Ikarases. I'm not immediately familiar with your commenting but you must be doing something right for the community to select you.

GenMarshallsalutes_zpsba1f62fc.jpg

I salute you, Ikarases, for your great AARs, for your support to fellow writAARs, and for the medal you earned with the latter!
As some of you might know, To Reach the Wolga (I am very honoured that KLorberau mentioned my AAR in his speech :blush:) is inspired by the same AARs that KLorberau mentioned, and as such it is borderline what-Ikarases-does-not-like. Although I do put a lot of images in, the two describing paragraphs distinctly match the "lot of text" criterium... or don't they, Ikar?
That reminds me though - I should keep this short ;)

So, while Ikarases was absolutely thrilled when I finally started an AAR of my own, he was a bit less excited about the first update. "But that isn't a compliment at all, Marshall!" Yes it is, random voice. Instead of hating on the update (compliments on AARland - I only very, very rarely see people hating!), he offered me some very detailed and constructive criticism via PM (of which I might make an AARlander article). Nobody can like everything, and Ikarases dealt with this in the best way possible.

As an extra reward attached to this medal, Ikarases, I will make the 4th and coming chapters a bit lighter than I had originally intended it to be (the 3rd one is already written, and you'll despise it, I'm sure). I hope that makes you happy enough!

Congratulations Ikarases. I'm not immediately familiar with your commenting but you must be doing something right for the community to select you.

I was also surprised about KLorberau selecting me. I never taught he would give his vote to a guy with different ideology (AAR related of course).

Very well deserved, Ikarases!

If you say so :)

I salute you, Ikarases, for your great AARs, for your support to fellow writAARs, and for the medal you earned with the latter!

Thanks to you, and everybody quoted above!

As some of you might know, To Reach the Wolga (I am very honoured that KLorberau mentioned my AAR in his speech :blush:) is inspired by the same AARs that KLorberau mentioned, and as such it is borderline what-Ikarases-does-not-like. Although I do put a lot of images in, the two describing paragraphs distinctly match the "lot of text" criterium... or don't they, Ikar?

It isn´t all that bad; I read your AAR (so far!) after all, but there is always a room for improvement! :p

So, while Ikarases was absolutely thrilled when I finally started an AAR of my own, he was a bit less excited about the first update. "But that isn't a compliment at all, Marshall!" Yes it is, random voice. Instead of hating on the update (compliments on AARland - I only very, very rarely see people hating!), he offered me some very detailed and constructive criticism via PM (of which I might make an AARlander article). Nobody can like everything, and Ikarases dealt with this in the best way possible.

Yeah, I think I was bullying you long enough, so you finally got it started instead of wandering around, letting me rip your dignity apart :p I didn´t have the guts to post it right in your AAR, since it might start an offtopic discussion about AARing itself. If you think my criticism was constructive, it is even better! Though you needed to give me straight and simple questions...

As an extra reward attached to this medal, Ikarases, I will make the 4th and coming chapters a bit lighter than I had originally intended it to be (the 3rd one is already written, and you'll despise it, I'm sure). I hope that makes you happy enough!

That´s a cheap excuse for being lazy. This is a no-win situation :p

P.S. Nice picture, yet I still hope I´m not in that coffin! :eek: