• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, great choice!

Congrats, Athalcor!

Congratulations to Athalcor, an excellent choice! Many more congratulations to everyone I've missed over the last few weeks, a great many worthy winners.

Sorry for the delay...

I would like to nominate Chris Taylor as he is a long time commentator of Gabor's Single Men AAR (my favourite AAR by far ;) ) and I think he deserves it.

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Congratulations Chris!

Well done Chris Taylor! Congratulations :)

Congratulations Chris Taylor!

Thank you Athalcor for the nomination, and thanks to everyone for the kind words and congratulations!

With the release of the AHD expansion for V2, the FTM expansion for HOI3, and CK2, I've been doing a lot of reading in forums far from my usual EU3 stomping grounds. In each forum there are a few brilliant AARs which are virtual masterclasses—in uniting great writing with superb and consistent graphic styles (Saithis' Piety of the North Star, for example), or on how to optimise one's tech research, unit composition and tactical employment (Valentinan's Air Force OOB Planning for Germany, The Wunderwaffe 1944-1949).

Valentinan's OOB AARs and gameplay analyses are certainly worthy of awards in their own right, but I was particularly struck by one reader's comments and advice. This commenter looked at the author's battle plans and disposition of forces, then crafted a modified battle plan (including graphics!) and tied it all together with a highly appropriate example from Greek mythology. In essence the commenter acted as an amalgam of the author's J3 (Operations), J4 (Logistics) and J5 (Planning) joint staff, and the suggestion was credible enough for the author to incorporate it into his own battle plans.

I was impressed by the thought and effort that had gone into the suggestion, as both the detail and salesmanship were reminiscent of the hypotheticals/what-ifs that get bandied about at actual service colleges. So on the strength of that comment, and his insightful posts about HOI3 in general, I nominate Stabber as Fan of the Week.

Last edited: