• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations aldriq!

Brandenburg III said:
2m765xj.jpg

Thanks! The fan will come in handy now it's getting hotter :D

Like Brandenburg III, I don't think I follow or comment in that many AARs, if anything I find myself often overwhelmed, trying to catch up with updates. Looking at the long list of illustrious winners I imagined this honour is normally reserved for 2,000+ posters, not for a mere sub-1,000... and I mean posts, not terminator models :rolleyes:

I guess I do share certain tastes with Brandenburg III, after all, because I got hooked on these forums with Storey's AARs. From then on I've tended to favour game play AARs, but I'm open to narrative/mixed genres if I catch them early enough.

Currently I'm enjoying -in no particular order- unddu's Mantua, RGB's Kiev/Russia, Saithis' Georgia, Duke of Wellington's Kanem Bornu, Sweboy's Wales/Delhi, naggy's Prussia, EUROO7's Riga, gabor's Navarre, Brandenburg III's Algiers and Kami's and daemonofdecay's Ottomans. I know, I only do EUIII, which is a mistake, but it is my favourite period. Some day I'll come round to venture in other forums.

_____

For next week's Fan of the Week I choose someone who participates in the forums a lot more actively than me, always with helpful and constructive comments, and who also has a great AAR running...

gabor

Since I'm keeping the electric fan, I thought you could have this more classic fan by Velazquez, something more fitting for the current geography and time frame of your AAR :) Congratulations!

fandetail-1.jpg

Congratulations! :)

And aldriq, it matters not the fan's post count...it's the post themselves that count. ;)

congrats !!

Congratulations gabor ! ! :cool:

Congratulations gabor :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations Gabor!

:eek:o

taken by surprise as basically i'm only a EUIII MMP gamer

thank you aldriq
i may be a tad more active than you but i'm mostly active in EUII MMP forum and i follow all MMP aars
of which i recommend:
clblabin's Burgundy (rich in history detail and splendidly written)
daemonofdecay's Ottos (intriguing concept of two simultanueous stories)
Winner's Hussite Bohemia (my favourite country, beautiful maps, gripping story)
i also recommend the mod itself and want to express once again thanx to the devs as without the mod i'd've stopped playing EUIII long ago
if you guys haven't tried it yet - download it and have a go

plus a few other EUIII ones like:
your Syria aldiq, than the three humorous ones: Starfury's Ashanti, (everybody's favourite and i still remember his great EUII aars) Duke Wellington's Kanem Bornu, EUROO7's Riga and last but not least Milites's Hugenot France (great fable, fantastic pics/maps)

i do sometimes venture into Crusader Kings area and read some aars there but as i'm not registered i can't comment (and i don't play the game any more, got a bit disappointed with it, but i admit i've never given Deus Vult, apparently a splendid extention, a try)

never played neither Victoria nor HOI

and aldriq
as i'm obviously a mixture of the three gabors Vann the Red mentioned the fan has been excellently chosen :)

finally, i have to say sorry to all those whom i can't but have overlooked simply as i don't read that many aars and i hardly ever venture beyond EUIII

for the next fan of the week i chose somebody who not only has a splendid aar running (check it, you'll be amazed) but also gives some helpful comments on other ppl's aars:

Winner

Congratulations !

Congratulations! :)