• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can always count on him to comment after each and every update! Jolly fine work demokratickid!

Congrats demokratickid!

Congratulations Demokratickid:)

Thought id poke my nose inn..

Congrats Kid..

Kid, the next time I say, "Let's go someplace like Bolivia," let's GO someplace like Bolivia.
Congrats, kid!

Many congratulations , sir :D

A heap of congratulations from me, Demokratickid! :)

My, it seems I've my third Fan of the Week award to add to my collection! Well, my humble thanks to my colleague in the triumverate of comentatAARs, Enewald, for the nomination! And, many thanks to you all out there for writing your AARs so I can read them. Reading is an activity I enjoy just as much as writing, so a humble thanks there from mwa to y'all. An,d it's nice to see I've recieved 'Old Bean' status from EP. Makes me smile! Eams, if you buy the vaccines for Swine Flu, I'm game... :rofl:

Congratulations, Democratickid!

Keep up the great work!

Rensslaer

[thread_hijack]

While I was wandering down memory lane to pick some AARs for my previous post in this thread, I noticed a related thing. Some of the AARs that I remembered as massively popular when I just got started here, the ones that I thought were the towering classics from the 'Golden Age'? Their post and view counts are positively dwarfed by newer arrivals. It was a bit of a shock to me (what do you mean, Heagarty's 'Tales of the Gluttonic Knights' is not in the top ten most-read EU2 AARs?), but it was also a pleasant surprise: clearly, AARland is busier than ever, which is great, for reader and writer alike.
If you want the order to look more like what you were once upon a time used to, just choose your favourite "nudge-the-numbers-my-way" metric such as views divided by number of replies, by number of distinct updates, or by calendar time between the first and the last update. :D As an example, the Gluttonic Knights which seemed to take forever back in 2002/2003 really took one year and 5 months to write and had an awesome 800 posts total, the current top two (and several others in the top 10) have lasted 2-3 years with 2k+ posts. :)

The BEST way to get high on the view lists and to last would seem to be to write something that is near interminable and appeals to the appetites of the AAR-junkies - or to write an AAR or something AAR related that is frequently referred to outside the AAR forums. :D

----This is all completely irrelevant to the thread but your earlier post on the page mentioning my name cropped up in my search filter and I just had to see what was going on. A big cheer from me to those who kept up writing EU2 AARs long past their due date! Some of you are obviously insane and have way too much time on your hands, but that does not diminish the glory of the accomplishments. :)

[/thread hijack]