• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great story, Alfred!

Congratulations, TheSwert!

Yes, I miss Wolfhound's artistic stories, too. Postcards was very well done, and also the one about the dog in Poland. I'm forgetting names here.

Rensslaer

Congrats!

Well my week is up and it's time I picked a successor. I decided to give it to one of the most dedicated people in AARland. He's been around a long time and risen the ranks to become a moderator but his workload has never faded. He was the Victoria librarian, runs the Victoria Cross and EUIII OscAARs, keeps up to date with most people's birthdays and still has time to write aars.

It is... Coz1

I figured he hasn't won it for a couple a years and in that time he's done enormous work. Formulating the nominees for the EUIII OscAARs must have taken some time. I was also impressed with his blog which reviews certain favourite aars of his over the years. Definitely a great fan of AARland and this week's fan of the week.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Congrats, coz1!

This is an unexpected honor, The Swert. I've been so busy the last couple of weeks, my reading has not been as much as I would like and for that, I apologize to those writAARs I am following (and to those I've not been able to get to.)

When I joined this forum after lurking for something like a year, I was impressed by the work folks like Warspite, LD and MrT were doing, not to mention so many others. I wanted to emulate their style because I was excited about being part of such a wonderful group. I lurked again for a while due to RL but when I got back into things in 2004, I wanted to keep up that effort, including running the Vickie Tea Room, helping out with the librAARy and awAARds. At the time, I was just someone who loved the place and wanted to help out. That's always been how our special projects have worked.

After being made a demi-mod and then mod, I have more "duties" but my spirit remains the same. My public persona and desire to assist the place remains rooted in the same thought - I love it and wish to help it run smoothly and keep it the same fun place I have always found it. Thankfully, I see so many others do the very same.

I must commend one person for showing me how to do it time and time again and that man is our very own stnylan. His efforts to read as much as possible constantly keep me thinking I can do more. I'll never be able to follow as many AARs as he does when he's active, but as Director often says, "comments are the currency of our forum." And as stnylan has always championed, "To view is human, to comment is divine" and his more recent quote, "Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland." Those remain my mantras as I log in every single day.

That I've received this honor for a fourth time during my tenure at this forum means I must be doing something right. Thanks for this honor once again, TS. And thanks to all of you who have and will offer congrats. It really does mean a lot to me. :D

Wonderful choice. Coz certainly is a great fan and a great part of the forum, so he deserves to win the award again…

Congratulations coz :)