• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats!

Congrats, Derahan and NacBeast!

I would like to offer my thanks to Derahan for the honor of having been nominated fan of the week. It's a real pleasure, and I've greatly enjoyed the honor. But now, it is time for me to nominate another.

In my opinion, one part of being a great fan is to be able to inspire and excite other fans whom you've gotten together with. We might all have come here because of our deep appreciation for any number of Paradox's amazing games, but I do believe most of us frequently return because of the greatness of the work put forth by many fans in the forum, especially when it comes to AARs.

I nominate this next individual because, on top of being a notable fan when it comes to AAR writing, he has managed to inspire others to follow in his foot steps. Unfortunately, axzhang has not been present on the forum for sometime, so I'll instead kick the nomination to Chris Taylor :p

In all seriousness, Chris Taylor is an excellent writer and fan, deserving of this nomination and I'm surprised he wasn't nominated for Fan of the Week sooner.

Congratulations, Chris Taylor!

Nice choice, congrats Chris Taylor!

What an unexpected pleasure! Thanks for the kind words everyone, and thanks for the nod NACBEAST.

I'm surprised as hell! I read a lot of the EU3/Magna Mundi AARs (and a few V2 and HOI3 ones, too), but always considered myself something of a commenting slacker. Now I'm going to have to work hard to keep up appearances. :D

Congrats, Chris Taylor!

Congratulations, Chris Taylor! :)

Thanks, first of all, to NACBEAST for the honour.

Much earlier in this thread, one of the moderators was quoted as saying "Comments are the currency of this forum." It's an accurate assessment; how many of us would still feel like writing week after week if we did not receive any encouragement, plaudits or corrections from our readers?

Thinking about my own AAR, I'm blessed with many regular readers who offer encouragement, advice and (occasionally) correction. There's one person, though, whose useful tips, trenchant observations, and pithy remarks are a personal highlight. His suggestions help me keep the story plausible and the gameplay practical. He's a keen observer, analyst and counselor to many players, and a terrific writer in his own right (with several well-regarded AARs to his credit).

It is my pleasure to introduce to you my nominee for the Fan of the Week; the Camerlengo of Cool; the Papabile of Plausibility...

gabor!​
Congratulations, sir.