• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Naming an award after people is truly an idea fit for them if they contribute that much to the forum. But I am still opposed to the idea to name the award after someone (sorry Enewald). I'd rather have a seperate, new award for that kind of thing with specific rules (maybe a tuffer Fan of the Week award) like some ammount of forums posts, length of being on the forums; I don't really know about that. I would want to keep this award named Fan of the Week since it can be given to anyone.

Maybe it is time to create a Hall of Fame of the AARland? A place where we can remember the truly engaged characters of the AARland community!

Naming an award after people is truly an idea fit for them if they contribute that much to the forum. But I am still opposed to the idea to name the award after someone (sorry Enewald). I'd rather have a seperate, new award for that kind of thing with specific rules (maybe a tuffer Fan of the Week award) like some ammount of forums posts, length of being on the forums; I don't really know about that. I would want to keep this award named Fan of the Week since it can be given to anyone.

Maybe it is time to create a Hall of Fame of the AARland? A place where we can remember the truly engaged characters of the AARland community!

Hahah, it is mostly a joke anyway; don't take everything too seriously on the internet a wise man would say. :p
coz1 just pointed out that I follow the paths set by Ghostwriter and stnylan who were really omnipresent fans of the AARland many many years ago.

Shame I haven't seen either of those old timers posting in ages.

I suggest keep the award as it is, but we can still offer imagine other possibilities as light-hearted jokes. :)
(but naming it after stnylan had some far better reasonings, the guy would literally read every AAR and offer thoughtful comments. But back then you had of course less AARs to read daily, so it was slightly easier.)

Reactions:
Hahah, it is mostly a joke anyway; don't take everything too seriously on the internet a wise man would say. :p
coz1 just pointed out that I follow the paths set by Ghostwriter and stnylan who were really omnipresent fans of the AARland many many years ago.

I suggest keep the award as it is, but we can still offer imagine other possibilities as light-hearted jokes. :)
(but naming it after stnylan had some far better reasonings, the guy would literally read every AAR and offer thoughtful comments. But back then you had of course less AARs to read daily, so it was slightly easier.)

Well I usually takes things to literally. Though you can never be sure here I believe, the border between serious and not-so-serious can be very diffuse here in AARland.

Well I usually takes things to literally. Though you can never be sure here I believe, the border between serious and not-so-serious can be very diffuse here in AARland.

If in doubt, look for a smiley. The greater the percentage of its tongue is showing, of the tighter its eyes are shut, the less serious the comment. ;)

You envious! You surely wouldn't protest if the award was named after you, hahaha :p

If in doubt, look for a smiley. The greater the percentage of its tongue is showing, of the tighter its eyes are shut, the less serious the comment. ;)

The ever present smiley, you are right I suppose.

You envious! You surely wouldn't protest if the award was named after you, hahaha :p

In fact I would have protested with the same arguments I did use this time. Don't pressume that I would do otherwise. The awards are for everyone. It would be the same if like the nobel prize would be named after the nation who had won it the most times. That would in fact render it the USA award I believe. An award is to honor all the members of the forums, not specific ones.

So true! ;)

Indeed the case, and more so as we've not seen them in some time. I miss them both. I would like to say at the least that Lewis (stnylan) would greatly appreciate your comment, Enewald. I know him well still and though he no longer has the time to take time in this wonderful area, he was always proud of not just his own efforts but those others that tried the same. His motto was always, "To view is human, to comment is divine." He always prided himself on trying to comment on everything out there in an admittedly smaller forum (but not that small), regardless of the forum, and were he around today he would thank you for that comment. You are in great company and I am certain he would be happy to share in the honor of this great award (or at least its name.) He was always a prefect fan, as was GhostWriter and as are you still!

Last edited:
A Hall of Fame is a great idea. No smilies here. ;)

A Hall of Fame is a great idea. No smilies here. ;)

Though I believe this issue has been discussed in the past and that has not rendered anything since we can't all agree on how to do a hall of fame for the AARland. It is an idea but that is about it.

But ideas are bulletproof ;)

A Hall of Fame would be a really great idea, in my estimation -- if some enterprising soul wants to start a thread on it in the General AARland forum, I'll keep an eye on it.

Now, more praise for Enewald! :D

A Hall of Fame would be a really great idea, in my estimation -- if some enterprising soul wants to start a thread on it in the General AARland forum, I'll keep an eye on it.

There was a thread discussing it, but seems to have been removed or something now.

But anyways congrats Enewald!

A week has passed, and if we want to follow the rules, we should be able to have 52 fans per year, which increases the chances of being able to win this award during the oncoming year for everyone. (checking frontpage some years seem to have a lot less winners than 52... :p)

Selecting a next FotW is never an easy task; I would prefer choosing some active newcomers who have not yet won this award, but honouring older active members is never out of the question. After all, the amount of comments or quality of comments is what this award is all about, not just a price for joining AARland fanbase.

I saw that this certain oldtimer has not won this award for years, but truly deserves to be nominated once in a while for his really high quality comments that he manages to spread over many AARs.

I give thee Stuyvesant !

Congratulations!

Reactions:
A really excellent choice - a welcome input across the spectrum of Paradox games. Stuyvesant is always on hand with an engaging comment or helpful piece of advice. Congratulations!

Very well deserved, Stuveysant. Congratulations!

Well deserved indeed! Congrats!

Another great choice, and someone who has offered me vital support on some of my work. For that, you have my sincerest thanks. :)

Congratulations, Stuyvesant!

One of the best in the business - not only frequent, but frequently (read:always) in depth and full of incite! Congrats, old friend. :)