• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good. Any infidels will be purged. ;)

Congrats, rcduggan! How many times is this now? :p

Inkana said:
Congrats, rcduggan! How many times is this now? :p
four, I think, but who's counting? :D

Duke of Wellington said:
Well done once again. Certainly well deserved each time.
Oh, yes. Definitely.

Damn!

If I only had posted and congratulated Mangudai previous week and not now, I could have posted again and congratulate rcduggan now, I would have one more post then if I congratulate both in the same piost!

Congrats, rcduggan and Mangudai!

Every post is sacred. ;)

Congrats, rcduggan!! :cool:

rcduggan said:
four, I think, but who's counting? :D
It IS four, but the records don't adequately reflect that. I'll fix it...

But it's been a while since the award has been yours... Tell us more about yourself! :D Who you're reading, and all that jazz!

Rensslaer

Well, I've never been good at impromptu speeches, but as Mr. Burns says, Abra-Cadaver! ;)

Well, currently, the AARs that I am reading are spread out among various categories. One AAR that is somewhat new that I particularly enjoy is "Romance Of The 11 Kingdoms," an Eu3 AAR by Redwolf915, for its unique premise and interesting story.

I have also been reading two excellent Vicky AARs, Empire Under Heaven, which I nominated for Weekly AAR showcase recently, it is one of the best Vicky AARs out there. Nika! The Rise Of Modern Greece is another very enjoyable Vicky one too. For those who don't normally venture into the Vicky subforum, I suggest you give these a try, it is well worth it. And in Hoi2 (yawn, I know, but I do read some), my absolute favorite Hoi2 AAR is God Save Us All..Rewriting History in Blood, a well-written history book style AAR that presents an intriguing and believable alternate history. War and Revelations is one of my favorite narrative Hoi2 AARs, and it is definitely one you should check out. Lastly, I also find The Great Crusade for danielshannon's struggle against all odds in the face of a global Stalinst dystopia.

So those are my current reads, I suggest you follow my worthless opinion and check this AARs out, if you ever have a spare moment just click a link and check any of them out, it will be worth your wile.

/end speech

Thank you, RC!

Just a reminder to pass this along soon...

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:
Thank you, RC!

Just a reminder to pass this along soon...

Rensslaer
end of the week is tomorrow, I'll try to remember to find a successor by then.

All right... RcDuggan is indisposed right now, but he asks if I would mind picking his successor.

When I infrequently get to pick these, I often go back to some of the Forum stalwarts -- people who the Forums owe so much to, and yet who perhaps tend to be overlooked because everyone knows they always leave comments. Perhaps they don't get awards because everyone assumes they've gotten the awards frequently, or recently. I did notice one of our stalwarts who hasn't received the award since 2005! Actually, there was more than one.

But I resolved that I would pick a younger, more recent commenter this time. Indeed, in looking through the list of folks who I know deserve the award, and who either have never been awarded before, or who haven't in the past year or so, I found dozens of people -- serious posters and fans -- who have yet to receive this award. Who to pick?

And yet, when I stumbled upon one revelation, I realized that I could not pick a younger poster for this round -- all will have their day in the sun.

I realized that there is one old-timer (no insult intended, certainly) who has been here since 2001, and who is definitely a stalwart. In fact, who might easily be considered a Founder, of sorts, and who still maintains a presence here today, who has NEVER received the Fan of the Week Award!

Naturally, this must be rectified.

Now, this man has not actually posted very much in AARs recently. In fact, he may never have. I can't tell with certainty. He tends to hang out in the AARs and FanFiction General Discussions threads. He's posted nearly 50 times in one thread, and regularly brings up issues of importance for the whole Forum and community.

What he's into is writing -- bigtime. He writes ABOUT writing, for the benefit of the other writers here, largely because he is one of the precious few published authors on the Forum! Because of that, he is often found encouraging other accomplished Forum writers, as well as those whose talents are still developing.

He spends much time encouraging the very best writers to submit their work for actual publication, just as he has.

And he is a tremendous BELIEVER in the Forum Community. He, having come from here, and honed his talents here, has grown beyond the Forum, and yet returns to his early writing home in order to be a fan to the other writers here who have the talent to do just as he has done.

I am speaking, of course, of the author of the Delacroy and Free Company stories, and I'm sure very many other stories here and elsewhere.

Our new Fan of the Week: Lord Durham!

Bruce, please come accept your award, and tell us about your Forum odyssey! Tell everybody what you're up to now (hint: Another Delacroy story), and say what you will.

And then, of course, please choose your successor for the Fan of the Week Award, in one week's time!

Congratulations, Lord Durham!

Congratulations !

Congrats!