• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Loki!

Congrats! :)

Congratulations! I see you all over the boards lately, so definitely a well-deserved nod. And thanks again for recommending To hell on an armored train in the AGEOD AAR forum, it's a fun an educational way to learn about that game (yes, that's a poorly disguised plug, folks ;)).

Congratulations Loki100 :)

Many, many congratulations. Hugely deserved!

Ah, apparently I won fan of the week way back in December. I would like to thank you for the nomination and the congratulations.

I am glad that my work on the Mil Score was helpful.

No I don't post much, but I do read a lot, and as you can see, I've been a member for a long time.

As for my name, I am a vegetarian and some friends thought it would be amusing to start calling me Meat. I thought it was amusing too, so I've kept it. Sometimes, though, people seem to think it has an entirely different meaning. :eek:

Again, thanks for the honour and sorry for the very, very late reply.

First, again many thanks to Alfredian for the nomination & to all for the supportive congratulations ... again just to say very much appreciated.

Going back to Rensslaer's orginal post in this thread there's something about adding a comment about a current favourite AAR & why. I'll skip on that as I'm currently enjoying quite a few and they range from completely focussed on reporting on game play to character driven narratives to history books (and with all these jumbled up). I would like to emphasise the point that Alfredian made - its great to see Rome has seen such an upsurge of great AARs, with and without mods. Another board that has sprung to life recently is the AGEOD one with now 3 for you all to enjoy. Even if you don't have any AGEOD games they are great AARs, lots of period details and an impressive insight into a very different game design approach to Paradox ... & they range from the Seven Years War to the Russian Civil War.

Anyway, who next? Well its a hard choice as there are a lot of commentators who'se posts I read and enjoy almost as much as the AAR. They are variously insightful into the game being reported, witty or just adding to the commnunity of writer & readers that most AARs collect.

So my nominee embodies all these talents, was one of the first commentators to my very first AAR, has engaged in debates as various as the merits of the Soviet 'Easterns' over Hollywood 'Westerns' and whether Irn Bru is in breach of various treaties limiting the spread of chemical weapons .... I give you ... (no Harry its not you, even if it seems you have also taken over Suenik) ... Stuyvesant .... as the next fan of week.

Last edited:

Congrats, Stuyvesant!

Yaay! Congrats, Stuyvesant!

I always look forward to your comments, because they frequently are insightful and/or detailed.

Plus you seem to be all over the place, too!

Rensslaer