• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gratz Surume!

Can I ask, is it now a trend to nominate people who write good AARs as fan of the weeks?
You know, we have two other awards on the AARland...
Because we have authors who write the text, that then gets fans to comment it... or so my logic tells me.

Gratz Surume!

Can I ask, is it now a trend to nominate people who write good AARs as fan of the weeks?
You know, we have two other awards on the AARland...
Because we have authors who write the text, that then gets fans to comment it... or so my logic tells me.

In addition to writing a great AAR, Communitarian has been an active commentator on many AARs, including my own. In fact, he has probably commented on more Vicky II AARs than anyone else, save yourself or Alex. I think he was a perfectly good choice for FotW and I would definitely not suggest that there is any such trend favouring fans who write and comment over those who just comment.

Surume may not have commented or followed as many AARs as you have, but he's still a new member and has plenty of time to do so. I trust that Communitarian made the right choice in welcoming Surume to the forum with this award and I hope this award would further encourage Surume to be more active in the AAR community at large.

Congrats Surume!

Congrats! :)

Congratulations Surume!

I enter the Forums seeing that I have a notification and this is what I find. Whoa!

I'll respond back in a little more detail, but I'd like to thank you all. Currently I'm active in the V2 AAR Forums, but I have been lurking for some time now, and really appreciate both EU3 and HOI3. My First experiences with Paradox was purchasing HOI3 after reading about it on TVTropes.org. Initially, I was vastly overwhelmed by the game and quite frustrated by it, but as I read the forums and checked it out for advice, I was introduced into EU3 and V2. I personally started writing my AAR because I love playing "impossible" games, even if it means being less good at conventional ones. I'll be happy to share my strategy advice with other's in their AAR's, although I feel as I still have much to learn. I'll present a few AAR's which I'm quite a fan off in the near future.

Thank you all for you congratulations.

As I said earlier, I'll present a few AARs of which I am a fan off. I do not have any v2 AARs yet, but that will change shortly as more new ones are released and older ones finished.

From EU3
-Chinese Cheese, There Must be Order, and Cosmopoli-Taint; A Blue Within Blue World by kebzero
-Rebels without a pause by PrawnStar

From HOI3
-A Practical Guide for Small Countries for v1.4 by Valentinan
-Japan - No Ships by PeeKee
-Being Poland - A Worked Example by Kanitatlan
-In Search of of the Technological Singularity by Evil4Zerggin

Looking a these AAR's, I guess the thread which binds them all together is using the game as a tool, and exploring how you can use th tool in unexpected ways, or master it to an almost insane level. I guess that this is reflected in my own personal AAR somewhat, as I strive to do what is thought to be crazy in some respects, but in a manner which works.

Also for a bit of clarification. Is their some exact procedure to appointing next weeks Fan of the Week? When I was reading the original posts, I was a bit unclear. I ave a good idea who I want to nominate, but I want to make sure my understanding of the process is solid first.

Also for a bit of clarification. Is their some exact procedure to appointing next weeks Fan of the Week? When I was reading the original posts, I was a bit unclear. I ave a good idea who I want to nominate, but I want to make sure my understanding of the process is solid first.

Not really. You pretty much just pick whoever you want.

At this time, I would like to nominate the next Fan of the Week. As far as hard and set criteria for a fan, the main thing which I want a fan to be is responsive. They can short responses, long responses, dumb responses, stoic responses or any other type of response. A response acts as a form of acknowledgement, and allows one to revise and grow as a writer. And so considering this, I will nominate badger_ken for the Fan of the Week. In his commentary on my AAr, he is not afraid to address any issues which come up, whether they be my methods of colonization or how clergymen work. It is only through these responses do I learn myself as a writer better and how the game works better.

In summation; Congratulations badger_ken! I hope you enjoy the reward as much as I did.

Congrats badger_ken!

EDIT: Haha, simultaneous posting with the exact same wording! :D

Haha, simultaneous posting with the exact same wording! :D
T?hat's the best kind. ;)
And, in the spirit of the Christmas season...

Congrats badger_ken!

Congratulations badger_ken! :)

Congrats! :)