+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 345 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 6890

Thread: Fan of the Week: stnylan

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    An Ace heh. Well my, this was unexpected. I've spent most of the last few days trying to think of something to say.

Firstly therefore, thank you to Lord Boreal for nominating me. Five times won now, and it is still a thrill every time. Indeed, I think I appreciate this award more now than when I first won it. And of all our weekly awards, this is the one that I like the most. But then, it is the one that fits closest to my ethos, such that it is. My own desire for comments has driven me to comment elsewhere. Perhaps it has something to do with my old school motto - Go and do Thou Likewise. Of course, before me there were others who equally inspired me by visiting my first AAR.

And now of course, with the advent of EU3, we have many new AARs to read. And, I am very happy to say, many new writers. Therefore, if I might ask one favour of you all this week, it is head over to the EU3 AAR forum, find an AAR by one of these new authors, read it, and comment in it. This will not, trust me, be an act of charity because, on the basis of the what we have already seen, we are the ones being enriched by their presence.

Of the full-game AARs take a look at these new writAARs:

Sails on the horizon - An England 1453+ AAR by Scouse Mouse

Last Sons of the Angevin Empire - A Provence AAR by Brian Bóruma

Of Crowns and Roses - An English AAR by Alerias

And doubtless there will be many more.

And with that, I'm going to step off the podium, and gives some thought to whom to nominate at the weekend. Oh, and play some EU3
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Indeed I have already done so, im currently following Alerias' England AAR, perhaps i shall follow Scouse's too, just to see how much they differ

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Its so hard to recognize you with your new avatar. Thanks for recommending the EUIII AARs, I think we'll see many more soon.
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

stnylan's been following many of my AARs for quite some time. That takes some serious dedication and interest and masochism, with the way I update and abandon.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Congrats, well deserved.

Stnylan! What a worthy FoW!

Wherever I go, whaterver AAR I read - there is Stnylan offering encouragement and thoughtful insights!

When do we have an award for life-time achievement? When we do - you will be the one to get it Mate!

Congratulations.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations, again... The gold standard of AARland encouragement gets his just reward again.

Also thanks for the EU3 suggestions, I'll look into them - when I have the time and my buggy wireless co-operates.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by stnylan
    Of the full-game AARs take a look at these new writAARs:

Sails on the horizon - An England 1453+ AAR by Scouse Mouse

Last Sons of the Angevin Empire - A Provence AAR by Brian Bóruma

Of Crowns and Roses - An English AAR by Alerias
    What I find impressive is that, yes these are all "new writers", but they are REALLY new writers! Except for and kind of including Mr. Boruma, whose name I know from somewhere, these sound like all newcomers to me! That's exciting in itself!

...though, since this is all about being a fan, perhaps someone can remind the writers to advertise their works in their signatures!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Congratulations, stnylan! Your comments are always insightful, and you seem to have read every AAR going on. I don't know how you do it. Very well-deserved.
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

WritAAR of the week: Feb. 12, 2006, Sep. 19, 2006
    CharactAAR writAAR of the week: Jan. 1, 2007

Dawn in the East
    "Her Home is on the Deep"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    What is this, the tenth time, eh, stnylan? In any event, it's very well deserved!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu
    What is this, the tenth time, eh, stnylan? In any event, it's very well deserved!
    on previous page, ghostwriter calculated it as five times.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Time to pass the baton on, and thank you all again for your kind comments.

As ever there are many worthy contenders, some who have not yet won this award, and some that have. But I have in mind one person who, according to the list in the first post, at any rate, has not won this award for about a year. Yet you will find him all over the AAR-fora. If he is not quite so prolific as he used to be, it is because he finally got sucked into writing. And when he did his dedicated commentating ensured he had a large audience. Today he is perhaps better known for a resurgent British Empire, but he remains someone who crafts excellent comments, and gives encouraging support to earnest writers.

I give you, the king of dragons...

DRACO REXUS
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Quote Originally Posted by stnylan
    Time to pass the baton on, and thank you all again for your kind comments.

As ever there are many worthy contenders, some who have not yet won this award, and some that have. But I have in mind one person who, according to the list in the first post, at any rate, has not won this award for about a year. Yet you will find him all over the AAR-fora. If he is not quite so prolific as he used to be, it is because he finally got sucked into writing. And when he did his dedicated commentating ensured he had a large audience. Today he is perhaps better known for a resurgent British Empire, but he remains someone who crafts excellent comments, and gives encouraging support to earnest writers.

I give you, the king of dragons...

DRACO REXUS
    Congrats to you DR. I must remember to seek out your works if they have gathered the attention of the stnylan!
    I've got Georgia on my mind - A CK2 AAR on the far reaches of Christendom...and who worships Ray Charles

A Sainmhíniú lann dar dáta Creidhne (The Vengeful Blade of Creidhne), an Irish AAR - A man with a mission, and a really big blade to do it with.

Congratulations Draco Rexus, you do seem to be everywhere!

Congrats Draco on your fanship and your authaarship as well

Well deserved

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulation, indeed. I always look forward to reading your comments.
    "That which does not kill me, has made a grave tactical error." - Jerry Pournelle

Seven AARs and a picture, too: Director's Inkwell

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congratualations draco.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations!

Well done on your fine effort Draco Rexus.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Congrats Draco!
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 345 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast