+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 348 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 97 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan of the Week: DarthShiznit

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I was allowing until Tuesday, as Quirinus received the award late. Then I offered some grace...

But Quirinus has not logged in for 3 days. And I've e-mailed him, as well, with no response.

I'm suspecting the worst! -- A vacation!

If you are around, Coz, and have someone in mind, I might defer to you to choose the next one. I have chosen a few recently. Brasidas, you would be welcome to choose another instead! Whoever comes first!

But if not, I will still think on it today. And if we don't hear from you I will try to post one. Though I know I've been catch-as-catch-can through the various fora lately, as I try feverishly to finish my own story!

By the end of the day, we shall be crowned by a new Fan! And hopefully will not come away too bruised from the experience.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

You know, I just had a brainstorm.... And I know exactly who deserves to be Fan of the Week right now...

Now, I would say Coz1, as a means of congratulations for his just becoming a "Demi-Mod" -- basically getting the official title for a job he's been doing much of for many years... But Coz has received this award more than once, and more recently...

But there is another person whom this brings up...

Mettermrck is a person whom I hope is familiar to us all! I think he's certainly made the rounds, and commented in many an AAR. I've certainly seen him in the AARs I follow. Plus he's a writer of magnificent works!

But Mettermrck is also such a good guy!!! Mettermrck has always been very friendly and gracious -- he has been a good member, hasn't let his writing abilities go to his head -- he's a great guy to have around!

And that's partly why Mettermrck was also made a "Demi-Mod" not too very long ago!

And as Demi-Mod, Mett helps us ALL out! He's zipping here and there, to and forth and fro, making changes and updates to help us in our quest for great reading and writing... Don't think it's not a lot of work! He has to put his own desires for reading aside so he can do all these things, too!

Anyway... Mettermrck has not received the Fan of the Week Award since 2004. And that is certainly an oversight for a personality who contributes so much to these Fora!

So... Congratulations, Mettermrck! Step on up and tell us about yourself and your Fanship!!!

(oh, and would you mind changing the title to reflect your new honor??) ((snickers))

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Mettermrck, an excellent choice Rensslaer.

So congratulations to Mettermrck !

EDIT
    Post 6,100

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k club

Congratulations, Mettermrck! Reading the AARs that you and Yogi produce cemented my continued presence on these boards.

Vann

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    An outstanding choice for the new Fan! Congrats and well done, Mett!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Hoi 2 Beta

Fabuloso, baby! Yeah!

All Hail Fan of the Week; His magnificence, his marvelousicity, his meritrocious, his meganess-ness, Mettermrck.

Welldone.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant choice! Congrats, my friend!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

EU3 Complete

Congrats Mettermrck good choice.

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    Congrats, Mett!

Very good choice!
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

A brilliant and superb choice. Congratulations Mett
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

My apologies to all for my absence

As Renslaer so accurately guessed, I am in fact on vacation. I thought I had received the award early, and had until this Sunday to pass on the award, but as I read it appears I received the award late, and needed a new nominee several days ago.

However Mettermrck is an excellent choice, and I want to also add my congratulations to the long list...

so congratultions
    United Kingdom of the Netherlands AAR Painting the world Orange
    German WW1 AAR The World is not Enough AARLand Choice Favorite Vicky AAR: 2006 Q4

The problem with learning patience is that it takes to long to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus308
    My apologies to all for my absence As Renslaer so accurately guessed, I am in fact on vacation. I thought I had received the award early, and had until this Sunday to pass on the award, but as I read it appears I received the award late, and needed a new nominee several days ago.
    Hmm... Actually, I think you may be right! We try to make it a week, tending toward Sunday, but since the schedule sometimes gets messed up I try to arrive at a compromise between the two.

I do apologize! As perhaps you had someone in mind and meant to pass it on in good order. Sorry about that.

When this award comes open again with someone missing their chance (as happens about every third time, I'm finding, I shall seek you out and allow you to make your choice then!

Renss

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Congrats, Mettermrck!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Congratulations, Mettermrck!
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mettermrck!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Wow, well I am real humbled by this award. I've often told those forum-mates I chat with that I feel like I never comment enough in AARs. There's so many great works out there in the ever expanding AAR community, that to even follow your personal favorites is a challenge, let alone seek out new gems. Fans are just as important as authors in AARland, and I'm pleased to be recognized in both capacities. To be a demi-Moderator is to be a fan. So thanks to all the authors whose works I've admired over the past years. I look forward to what comes ahead. With EU3 and Victoria: Revolutions coming, the AAR community will only be invigorated!

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

An excellent choice!

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

An excellent choice for sure! Congrats Mettermrck

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Three cheers! Hip hip hip!
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 348 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 97 122 ... LastLast