• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On my way to my send message button now.
Or should I send it at the end of this week?

Last edited:
On my way to my send message button now.
Or should I send it at the end of this week?

The earlier the better, really - though as long as you do let him know it doesn't matter too greatly. :)

Congratulations, blklizard! You may submit a new winner on 9 November; sebas got a little ahead of himself. :)

Congrats!

Congratulations, blklizard! You may submit a new winner on 9 November; sebas got a little ahead of himself. :)

I call it advance warning :) College is a bit hectic atm so I wasn't sure I'd have an aweful lot of time to check the forums this week and would hate to forget it.

I've decided to nominate the next Fan of the Week a week in advance. Waiting almost two weeks seems a long time.

Before I start, I would like to thank sebas379 for the nomination. I've played only EU3, a relic now, seriously while not having much, if any, experience in the other games. Luckily, people in this community are very nice and they don't mind me asking my stupid questions about mechanics and other minor things :p. Of course, I will admit that I go through the AARs of other games for inspiration to implement into my own AARs.

While selecting the nominee, I didn't have a hard time at all. There are two readers that comment fairly regularly in my AARs. The first is sebas379.

The second is DKM who I am nominating for Fan of the Week. There was a long dry spell when I had no one commenting. It's gets quite lonely and feels like I was talking to myself. Then, DKM came along and followed a few of my AARs. He commented and gave my AARs a bit more life I also noticed him commenting elsewhere in the forums. I understand that he was nominated not that long ago but I feel he deserve this honor again.

Well deserved, it is.:)

Congrats DKM!

Congratulations to DKM! I'll make it "official" next Sunday, and DKM can choose a winner on 9 November.

Apparently I'm late to say this but congrats blklizard and thanks for the nomination! Sometimes, I see a great AAR and I just have to comment to give it some attention and show the author that their work is appreciated. That is why I always make sure to comment because nothing is worse than something, anything, great being abandoned because the maker believes no one cares.

That said, blklizard, your AAR's are fantastic and definitely deserve more attention even if I sometimes can't understand some of the more character focused ones sometimes.

Congratulations to DKM! I'll make it "official" next Sunday, and DKM can choose a winner on 9 November.
So now I nominate someone?

So now I nominate someone?

You can wait until November 16 if you want, since I'm apparently awful at figuring out how these things ought to work. :D

Congratulations, DKM!

Though I tried to find someone who's never received the award or hasn't received any lately and who participates in multiple Game sections, I was unfortunately unable to find such a person thus I nominate DensleyBlair as "Fan of the Week!" I've seen him around AARland and though I know he's received it 3 other times before, I feel he is greatly worthy of this award.

Two personal favorite AARs I read that deserve more attention are "A History of the Wars of the Achaean League" by Selzro and "United No Longer: KR Confederation of the Great Lakes by Skywalker_T-65 ." The first guy has an written awesome AAR and kept old game sections alive, something I myself wish I could do if I had any writing talent and drive. The second is playing as a unique KR country and also has voting, something I wish more IAAR's had. (I personally don't like Realpolitiks)

Last edited:
I for one find it an excellent choice, and congratulations to DensleyBlair!