• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thinking about something really original to write...

Mmmmmh...

Er.....

Congratulations?

No, already said...

Well, as soon as we (Peti, Ximenez and me) have some idea, we'll return...

...with our red garnments...

Oh come on, Cardinal!!!

Nice going, canonized. Congrats!

Now it's time to pass on the torch !

I'd like to say that it's been a wonderful week and I hope everyone has enjoyed it as well . I'd like to bestow the award on someone who has yet to win it to get some new blood in here . He has been a wonderful and constant force on my AAR and on many AARs out there . Today we shall honour Mr. Woodhouse aka English Patriot !

So why English Patriot ? Several reasons , really . One is that he's always ready with a comment whenever he's around (vacation time notwithstanding) . That's perhaps the cornerstone of any good fan . But it's not just that . Mr. Woodhouse , being an author himself , takes time out of his schedule to read a plethora of AARs and participates in them with cogent commentary . More than even this , one of the reasons why I thought English Patriot rose above the pack is because he has participated in my AAR as a guest author several times . Not only that , but he even went so far as to use elements of my AAR in his work (with my permission of course) which , to an author , is one of the highest forms of fandom . It is one thing to be a commentator and then another to be so involved with one of your subscriptions that you enter into its universe . I am flattered and humbled ! To that end , I think for this one who has yet to win this accolade , this is well deserved and I'm sure all of Mr. Woodhouse's friends will agree to this . Well done , old man ! You have always been a great friend and an inspiration . I hope we can continue our friendship far into the future .

It was a tough decision this round for me . There were many other great commentators and friends . Mijn Hollanders are still strong supporters now that we have ForzaA and Avernite tag teaming . comagoosie , one of our newcomers , even writes poetry and makes drawings for us ! RGB always a constant source of encouragement . Our Tempus buddies , naturally . But thank you all and special mention to all of you . I did not forget about any of you (yes yes , including you my good Murmurandus . You too are among these XD . Belgian Pride !) . Naturally grayghost and Grubnessul are up there but they had already won the award at least once before . I want you all to know that it is for fans like you that I am deeply moved and continue to write . I can only hope that your strength will add to mine as I move into these next few seasons . Timelines is only as strong as the will of its readers and so far you all have willed it to be a great time .

I want to reach out to the lurkers and especially those who are catching up . Please leave a comment ! Our community and friends are friendly and we would love to see what you think about past chapters . Good fight , Good night !

Congrats EP! Well deserved.

Well done English Patriot. Congratulations :)

Congratulations English Patriot!

Congratulations canonized, whom I appear to have missed.

And also congratulations to EP.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Canonized! Sorry I missed your turn!

You've done alot to keep the Forums running, well "fanned" and an interesting place to be, for newcomer and old timer alike! Your journalistic work, and your AAR are tremendous, especially the Canonized interviews, which you've incorporated into your AAR. Neat stuff!

And English Patriot! Congratulations!

What Canonized has to say about you is the epitome of the great fans we have and appreciate around here!

Care to tell us about yourself, how you got here, and what AARs you enjoy reading?

Rensslaer

What ho! What ho!

Well this is something I hadn't expected to happen. As much as I try to spread myself across the AAR forums, time as always is a rather annoying restraint on oneself, however, I have managed to limpet myself onto some rather special AARs. Obviously, Canonized Timelines, Dr. Gonzo's Stiff Upper Lip, a Terribly British History is definately something everyone should read, and it makes me glad I'm not going up against it for favourite history book! Speaking of history, one cannot bear to leave out thrashing mad's epic, History of the White Eagle! But there's also, Derkaisers, The Golden Nation, Hajji Giray's Dept Unpaid, Crossfires by Atlantic Friend, Grayghost's Machurian Candidate, Garuda's House of Habsburg is a new one that is most enjoyable, and finally for a bit of fun, EvilSanta's Ein Bergvolk, Ein Österreich, Ein Schuschnigg!

And I could go on!

Well, about myself? Twenty years old, I'll be twenty one this march, surprising how time flies eh? But anyway, I'm currently at College, in the West Country, hoping to go on to University and study history, one of my great passions in life. In my spare time, I spend too much money, drink gin, do homework and play Paradox games, especially CK, the ability to place yourself in the game as a character is something I enjoy immensly, as you can see from the Woodhouse Dynasty! And it was CK that first brought me to write an AAR, I had been posting everynow and again since 2004 but never worked up the beans to undertake such a project. Other than that, I'm currently trying to discover a method of going back to the 30's or bringing them here somehow!

But obviously, there is one chap in particular that I owe a lot here too, the community here in AARland is second to none, so many AAR's have inspired, and even more WritAAR's have helped me out in so many ways. But I would never have been truly introduced to this wonderful place were it not for Canonized! My little piece, an alternate Gunpowder plot for Timelines set in motion and rather fantastic future for me in AARland, it was on Timelines that I first tried out Narrative, and subsequently on my own AAR. But more importantly, Timelines brought out a new AARland to me, one of cooperation and friendship, is it any wonder I keep coming back to comment and occasionally contribute to the sterling project!

So, thank you everyone! And I will see you when its time!

Mr. Woodhouse

canonized said:
...(yes yes , including you my good Murmurandus . You too are among these XD . Belgian Pride !) ...

Oh, gosh, this tells an awful lot of my poor country... ;) :D

Anyways, congratulations, Mr. Woodhouse. Maybe, just maybe, I find the time to read your epic... ;)

Congrats, EP.