• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course, it's actually time for a new fan of the week, it having been over a week since it was presented to likk9922. ;)

coz1 said:
Of course, it's actually time for a new fan of the week, it having been over a week since it was presented to likk9922. ;)
yes. yes it is

coz1 said:
I still hop by and congratulate him, along with RGB, tskb18 and Anonymous. Can't believe I've missed so many of them! :eek:

congrats to likk9922. :)

But I don't think he knows :(
paradox on likk9922'a public profile said:
Last Activity: 12-08-2007 11:52
Anyone knows why he´s been unactive for 2 weeks, very un-him?

Perhaps it is time for the previous fan to nominate another one? Or if Renss stops by, maybe he can. Either way, it's getting pretty warm in here. We need a new fan to stay cool. ;)

i would like to congratulate RGB and likk9922 for their Fan of the Week.

Oh, and to dodge any responsibility for picking the successor to my successor.

i'd say RGB would be better suited. Assuming he is around and not busily working on an update to his AAR.
:D

Or Rennss.... if RGB is not around or doesn't wanna.

coz1: Perhaps it is time for the previous fan to nominate another one? Or if Renss stops by, maybe he can...

why can't any MOD, including you coz1 do the honors ? ? :confused:

GhostWriter said:
coz1: Perhaps it is time for the previous fan to nominate another one? Or if Renss stops by, maybe he can...

why can't any MOD, including you coz1 do the honors ? ? :confused:
The biggest reason why these awards are run the way they are now is because mods do not feel they are the only authority on who is worthy of the award. The WoW and showcase were mod run for a while, but the success of these awards are due entirely to them being member oriented. These are not "top down" awards. They are from the folks who interact with the community every day and by each successive winner being named by yet another of their community, these awards become truly worthy rather than simply "what that mod is reading lately."

Yes, mods can pick the next one. We would so much rather the previous winner do so. That way it is fair, the award moves around from game to game, and each member of this community gets to experience the reward and then pass that very same reward to another of their kind.

Finally, it has been the custom that the originator or administrator of a project be the one to take charge when something like this happens. Thus, Renss is the man to look to in order to proceed. :p ;) :D

Very well... ;)

I was going to wait until Monday, to see if Likk would pick someone, but if he's not even around, I'll just jump the gun.

Agreed, Coz, it's always preferred that the last awardee pick a successor. But I also find that lapses allow us administrators to honor people who might have been overlooked over the months and years.

I didn't have to search long to find a successor. I came up with two names directly (a Texas saying my relatives used to use, which happens to be very appropriate, in the case...), and one of them has been awarded twice (though not in the past year).

But the other -- amazingly, considering his long fanship -- has apparently never felt the cool breeze of the fan!

This fan is also an author -- an amazingly prolific one, who regularly outstrips slow readers like me. But he does take time to frequently drop by a wide range of AARs and provide encouragement, readership, etc. -- those things that mean the most to authAARs.

And I've also noted that his comments in AARs -- mine, but also others -- are of a most thoughtful and insightful kind. He actually thinks about what he should say -- these aren't just throwaway "I was here" comments. They are extraordinarily helpful to a learning author because they make the AUTHOR think!

And so... I hereby, under the power vested in me as administrator of this thread, bestow the Fan of the Week Award upon Director the most directed fans in existence! :D

afterburner.jpg

Congratulations, Director! Our new Fan of the Week!

Rensslaer

Wow. Just in time to miss it. :rolleyes:

I was on vaca. Sorry :eek:o .

Thanks TSKB. Honored, truly.

And congrats Director!

To me, the mere word "Director" now sparks the idea of wonderful tales for me to enjoy. Pavlov's thingie. That said, I completely agree with Rensslaer's comments and think that those big fans are very well deserved.

Congrats, Director!
0011.gif

Excellent choice and certainly well deserved. Nice job, Director!

GeneralHannibal said:
Where did you go?

Alaska. No internet there, although I did get better cell reception there than where I live. :rofl:

Congrats Director, well deserved! :)