• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats once again, DB. Keep those comments coming. Huzzah!!

Congratulations, Densley! Well deserved!

Congrats, DensleyBlair! Very well deserved!

Congratulations on the hat-trick, Densley!

Cheers Seelmeister!

Congratulations! You're certainly keeping yourself busy with both writing and commenting! I didn't know you'd already racked up your third award (so a belated congratulations for at least one, if not two, other(s)), but it's clear evidence you're doing it right. :)

Thanks Stuyvesant! Indeed, there have been two FotW AwAARds bestowed upon me before – thanks for the belated congratulations.

Congrats, DensleyBlair! Very well deserved!

Thanks Avindian!

Congratulations DensleyBlair.

Thanks Sirk!

Congratulations! I reckon by 2021 you'll catch up with Enewald :)

I'll be 23 and still at Cambridge if things go to plan, so it's possible ;) Thanks Baldrick aldriq!

Hmm, looks like I have to speed up my AAR reading tempo :p

Links to my AARs are in my signature :p

Congratulations, Densley! Well deserved!

Cheers Davout!

Congrats once again, DB. Keep those comments coming. Huzzah!!

Huzzah! Will do, and thanks a lot.

Most deserved congrats, DensleyBlair!

Thanks Qorten!

Right, now onto the important stuff. Our next winner is someone whom I can rely on to provide witty and astute commentary, and to pick out the plethora of typos in TNaQAN.

Please give your most sincere contrafibularities to our very own Gen. Marshall!

Congrats to you both!

CONGRATZ!!!! Well deserved!

huzzah-lolcat.jpg

Huzzah! I'm truly honoured!

Congrats to you both!

CONGRATZ!!!! Well deserved!

Congrats, Gen!

Thanks for all the congratulations, lads.
And Densley, the poem you made was truly wonderful. I will cherish it forever.

Without further ado (not that there has been much ado, but 'tis early in the morning - in fact, it's afternoon, but I decided to be lazy today - and I'm not particularly inspired when my eyes are still half closed...) I shall continue the age-old tradition of showing to you the awesome canon of AARs I like. Mind you, I especially like to read light narratives, with plenty of gameplay shading through one way or another. I don't tend to follow single-player gameplay AARs, unless they are especially ludicrous (HOI3 Albania by eqqman), or text-based AARs, unless they are very well-written (EU4 Random Nations by Ashantai).

I'd like to point your attention to the EU4 AAR section. There are a lot of great AARs there already, and while there are too many to justify recommending one outstanding AAR (EU4 Roman Republic by Tanzhang), I can say that some of the greatest writAARs out there are living up to their reputation. And I can say that the EU4 material is most certainly an improvement over the EU3 material. AARland is gradually growing up, it seems.

Talking about growing up, it amuses me how diverse the age span is in this place, and how that does not always say something about the quality of the AARs they write (it does say something about length, update frequency and survivability of AARs, though). Sure, my favourite German (HOI3 Germany by Uriah) and Australian (HOI3 Australia by Saithis) AARs in the HOI3 section are written by true AARland veterans, but the first ever EU4 AAR (EU4 Portugal by Belgiumruler) is both great and written by someone whose voice is rather heliumish. And cute. Especially when he speaks Flemish.

Anyway, I haven't said anything about the CK2 and V2 sections yet, so I will. While I don't follow these sections as closely as I follow the HOI3 and EU4 ones, the ones that I do follow are at the very least noteworthy. My equal (in name, not in sheer awesomeness - ... no worries, I jest!) went back in time (CK2 Castille by Marshall18) to fight the Spanish wars. If you like an AAR that does not show France seizing the world, this is it. And then in the V2 section, there's the Hawk brothers - not actual brothers - with their interactive AARs Federation of "Equals" (V2 Danubian Federation by theAhawk) and Edge of Europe (V2 Belgium by ThunderHawk3). Both are highly entertaining.

Furthermore, I consider that one must always read a brilliant Blackadder-inspired Comedy AAR (EU4 Norfolk by DensleyBlair).

Naturally as Gen M. has just endorsed my own AAR, I must endorse Densley's most excellent choice of successor. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had a comment in verse before... I daresay Gen. M probably deserves the award on that criteria alone! Congrats! :)

For those interested, by the way, this was the congratulatory crap poem:

Nothing rhymes with Marshal,
Aside from itself and partial.
Apparently a half-rhyme is Herschel,
But that to me seems controversial.
So I'll have to be content with saying:
Congratulations! And keep playing
And commenting on AARs
(Especially ours!)

Here's an addendum:

Congratulations Gen!
Once again – thanks for the mention;