• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well all good things come to an end, and so now it is time to pass the baton over to a demi mod I have a great deal of respect for. Please congratulate Loki100! Although he has won this many times before that in effect proves my point. He is always there to offer helpful advice (and correct us when we err! :p) and he's a damn fine writer too!

Congrats!

Congrats loki, can't disagree! ;)

Congratulations, loki! His comments on my own work have always been insightful, and I definitely agree he deserves this.

Congratulations; I can't imagine how you find time to do any AAR writing of your own with all the other support work you have to do for the forums.

Congrats, loki! Indeed, you leave me bewildered sometimes when you have two or three AARs running and then you start another one, along with all the reading and commenting on other people's work!

well ....

thank you Ashantai, this is very much appreciated (esp after a week when logging on has meant immediately wading knee deep in bot blood) and to everyone for their kind words.

As some of you probably know from my own comments in my AARs, I'm lucky enough to write for a living. Oddly that makes writing for the forum a sort of relief and chance to switch tone.

bot blood...yikes! a good reminder you guys have to deal with a lot of nonsense in your roles. congratulations loki.

Congratulations indeed! I can barely find the time to comment on half a dozen AARs or so, let alone run three AARs simultaneously, slay adbots, offer helpful advice, police the deviants and manage to comment in nearly every AAR known to man. Well deserved indeed.

I can tell you it is a rarity to find a moderator who manages to keep writing and commenting; I for one found my writing had lapsed and my commenting was mostly done in Moderator Tones Of Voice. And I certainly enjoy reading your work, as well as your comments.

So congratulations to you - well deserved - and thank you for your efforts. I hope you continue to enjoy both sides of the writing coin. (Does that simile even MEAN anything? Oh, well.)

Big congrats to Loki, one of the forum's most reliable writers and commentators. I think this is very well deserved. :)

Indeed. Congratulations. Loki's involvement in the forums is a thing both beautiful and frightening in its extent. My own AAR would not be where it is today without him, that's for sure.

Well, can I thank everyone for their kind comments and Ashantai for the nomination. I do firmly believe that writing and commenting are the two things that keep AARland in existence. The first is obvious, no writing=no comments & no writing=no AARs, but also no comments means a lot less writing. It also tends to mean the AARs that do appear take on a very narrow gameplay reporting format (going by other forums I visit). There is nothing wrong with that approach and its one I use myself (my current Pride of Nations AAR being nothing but detailed gameplay ... and the occasional off colour joke about missionaries) but you don't see the range of styles we are treated to. People taking risks with narrative, producing lavish history book treatments that place the game results into their full context and, in one case I could mention, I think indirectly offering a more detailed exploration of Victoria 2's mechanics than you could using a conventional game play.

Equally I do firmly believe that if there were more comments, there would be more AARs (or more AARs that are sustained) ... so I'd urge all to go and leave their mark on the forum.

Now, unfortunately I do have to pass this on. And its a difficult and invidious choice, but I'd like to give it to someone who has been a member since 2002 and last won this in 2007. That is far too far back for someone who comments widely and always in a gentle supporting manner. I give you your new fan of the week:

Murmurandus

Well deserved, congratulations Murmurandus!

Really? It's been five years!? That is a long time for such a consistent and prolific commentator. Congratulations, Murmurandus! Always a pleasure to read your comments. I also still get a little kick out of your location info (Meerhout - Born in Brugge;)). I still think it's a nifty little joke - it also makes me feel a bit old, but then, that's one of the risks of hanging around this place as long as I've had. :)

Anyway, congratulations again and bask in the well-deserved glory!

Congrats! :)

Enjoy the award, Murmurandus! You deserve it :)