• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Xenophon13!

(I have sent a PM since it's almost two weeks.)

Wow - I really need to check the general discussions more often! I apologize for keeping everyone waiting for two weeks.

First of all, many thanks to aniuby for his kind and thoughtful speech on my behalf. I am far from deserving of such praise, but nonetheless, I am grateful and honored to receive it. Thanks as well, to everyone else who offered their congratulations. I'd also like to thank all the talented and creative writAARs who weave such exciting, intriguing, and often hilarious stories out of the raw material provided by Paradox's games.

Now for my own nominee, I select Lord Curlyton. I have mainly been observing Curlyton's comments on magritte2's "A History of the World According to Paradox," where he has intelligent and insightful commentary to offer after almost every update. After new updates, I often find myself scrolling down to find out what Lord Curlyton has to say about the latest developments in magritte2's crazy alternate world.

So, without further fanfare, Congratulations Lord Curlyton!

Congratulations Lord Curlyton!

A most brilliant choice. Curlyton's comments are always insightful, far beyond "Nice update as always" and that's always appreciated in my AARs.

Well deserved congratulations.

And I will honestly admit this is the first time I've put eyeballs in this thread, in part because I consider my posting and contributions to be modest at best. I'm sure CptEasy and Co. in Blitz Carnage aren't AS thrilled to see me posting, since I have no problem wildly speculating and then playing devil's advocate on what Damn-The-Torpedoes-Full-Speed-Ahead! plan Cpt and his Axis buddies are going to pull out of thin air to give the combined might of the Western Allies and the Comintern another black eye (and prolong their own existence). :p
At least I know I've got a week to come up with my replacement...

Last edited:
And after much frantic deliberation I have decided that misterbean should be nominated to be the Fan of the Week. Now that I find him posting with regularity again in the AARs that I read I feel he should be recognized as representative for the cadre of posters that exist in each of the AAR subfora who consistently give useful advice or information when they post in an AAR, with only the occasional pat-on-the-back posts (hey, sometimes you just gotta give props). When I post in an AAR I hope to see him in the posters as well, since I freely admit that his opinion carries more weight with me and if I post an opinion that he posts a counter to, I'm much more likely to revisit my own opinion. Likewise, if he agrees with what I say its definitely a bit of an ego boost there. Lastly, when considering whether to read an AAR or not, if it has been going for a bit I will check who's been posting in the AAR and if I see his name there I will be much more inclined to give it a read. For all these reasons, I feel that misterbean is a worthy Fan of the Week (I feel the need for some dramatic voice to say this).

Mr-bean.jpg

Congrats!