• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats!

A huge congrats, coz1. You have been extremely instrumental in continuing the sense of community and tone in AARland. Taking the torch and running, so to speak. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years. Great to see the GTA going again, too. Now all we need is a new AAR from you...

Hear, hear! To butcher Stalin (and who would really object to butchering Stalin anyway?): Quality has a quantity of its own. ;) The simple fact that you've resurrected GtA is worthy of this recognition by itself - and I'm sure there are plenty other reasons I just haven't noticed.

Congratulations and it's good to see you poke your head in again. :)

Congratulations, coz1! A great choice. Thanks again for the work you did and do in AARland, molding it into the great communtity it is today.

The old white haired man took a seat next to a warm fire to read his latest post letters. He set them aside for a moment to pour a short glass of port and then turned to the first piece. Seeing the headline of the local paper on top of the stack he stopped short in shock nearly spilling his drink...coz1???

I blush, Renss. Thank you. I am sure if stnylan were here, he would say that this is always his favorite award to win (and at one time was nearly named for him.) I have always been right there with him. I am a fan of this forum and so I think it is imperative that we, the writers of this forum, reward those that read our work. Their reward is likely greater because they get to read so much rich stuff each day. But those precious comments for an AAR writAAR and as much for any great forum initiative...the life blood of the forum. It simply would not exist if people did not stop by to comment and participate.

Thank you for mentioning the Guess the Author thread! And I hope many will take the chance to go over and read some great work by writers looking to get some honest critique, unencumbered by the reader knowing who they are and thus...well, being honest. ;) It is great fun for both parties, I assure you (well, until your piece gets ripped to shreds!) ;) No...not that bad. But educational.

Thanks to all for the lovely comments and I am thankful that I may have had some influence in shaping this great place. Changed but yet, still the same. Stable and still a laboratory for someone wanting to write, wanting to tell a story, wanting to share a game...wanting to join in. It was always my goal at the time and while I have been rather inactive over the past few years, rest assured I am still around and much like anyone else that tried to take a break from this place...returned once again. Even if just for a little while. I can count on two hands and at least one foot how many past folks I am waiting to see reappear. :D As long as Joe Storey sticks around! He'll show up to pay for drinks soon, I promise. :p

A worthy winner! coz1, you've made a huge impact on this forum. Thanks for all your good work over the years.:)

A truly fine choice! Congratulations, um... what did you say your name was again? :p

I concur with Lord Durham - it is past time for you to put hands on keyboard and make the electrons dance. C'mon - you know you want to!

Rens, I'm sorry I missed the chance to congratulate you. I spent the last two weeks in Dallas working into my new job and I just didn't have much time (or energy) for the forum.

It has been a wonderful week and very nice to see so many well wishes and thank yous! Thank YOU for the time all of you spend on this forum and participate in the various AARs the place has to offer. As I said...the life blood...YOU! However, unlike TIME magazine, I am not going to award this next to the entirety of AARland and post a big mirror in thread, though it is deserved. I also briefly considered passing this on in another unorthodox way...to the full Moderating staff for their tireless efforts forum-wide. I know personally what an effort that takes and each and every one deserve a huge thank you!

But in the end, I came up with a name that not only accomplishes something I like to do when I pass this off (that is, pass to a new member that has not yet won before), but the name itself speaks directly to that point.

Thus, I pass this on to the appropriately named...aniuby!

I've seen the name in many places as I poke around and quite often the comments are more than a simple 'attaboy'. Detailed and clearly engaged with the material, aniuby attempts a more full-throated comment and I am sure those AAR writers he engages are more than appreciative.

Congratulations, aniuby. Well deserved! A newbie no more. :)

Last edited:
A very large congratulations to aniuby! Indeed, you are a newbie no more ;)

Congrats!