• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very well deserved. I always enjoy it when he comments, and he is directly responsible for encouraging others to continue writing even when the going gets a little tough. That, along with writing his own AAR, and being a mod keeps him very busy. His ability to read and comment in so many AARs is astounding. He is truly a great commentator and he is consistantly showing us all the way forward in this department. Congrats, old chap!

I've been trying to think of something new to say that I haven't said already, but the few things I haven't said then surely someonelse has over the past five time Stnylan has won the FOTW.

I guess the best thing I can say, is to relate the latest update I made to an AAR, and it was over 10 minutes before Stnylan replied. I remember wondering to myself why he hadn't responded yet (of course he did a few minutes later).

Only Stnylan could have that kind of reputation where you wonder why he hasn't responded within a 10 minute window.

Congrats Stnylan
You set a standard all the rest of us can shoot for

Quirinus

Quirinus308 said:
Only Stnylan could have that kind of reputation where you wonder why he hasn't responded within a 10 minute window.
Hear, hear. There's been several times when I've posted an update, gone through it once more to check for errors then gone to User CP only to find stnylan has already commented.

Congrats Stnlyn. You are everywhere, almost omni-present...hmmmm. ;)

An Ace heh. Well my, this was unexpected. I've spent most of the last few days trying to think of something to say.

Firstly therefore, thank you to Lord Boreal for nominating me. Five times won now, and it is still a thrill every time. Indeed, I think I appreciate this award more now than when I first won it. And of all our weekly awards, this is the one that I like the most. But then, it is the one that fits closest to my ethos, such that it is. My own desire for comments has driven me to comment elsewhere. Perhaps it has something to do with my old school motto - Go and do Thou Likewise. Of course, before me there were others who equally inspired me by visiting my first AAR.

And now of course, with the advent of EU3, we have many new AARs to read. And, I am very happy to say, many new writers. Therefore, if I might ask one favour of you all this week, it is head over to the EU3 AAR forum, find an AAR by one of these new authors, read it, and comment in it. This will not, trust me, be an act of charity because, on the basis of the what we have already seen, we are the ones being enriched by their presence.

Of the full-game AARs take a look at these new writAARs:

Sails on the horizon - An England 1453+ AAR by Scouse Mouse

Last Sons of the Angevin Empire - A Provence AAR by Brian Bóruma

Of Crowns and Roses - An English AAR by Alerias

And doubtless there will be many more.

And with that, I'm going to step off the podium, and gives some thought to whom to nominate at the weekend. Oh, and play some EU3 :D

Indeed I have already done so, im currently following Alerias' England AAR, perhaps i shall follow Scouse's too, just to see how much they differ :)

Its so hard to recognize you with your new avatar. Thanks for recommending the EUIII AARs, I think we'll see many more soon.

stnylan said:
Of the full-game AARs take a look at these new writAARs:

Sails on the horizon - An England 1453+ AAR by Scouse Mouse

Last Sons of the Angevin Empire - A Provence AAR by Brian Bóruma

Of Crowns and Roses - An English AAR by Alerias
What I find impressive is that, yes these are all "new writers", but they are REALLY new writers! Except for and kind of including Mr. Boruma, whose name I know from somewhere, these sound like all newcomers to me! That's exciting in itself!

...though, since this is all about being a fan, perhaps someone can remind the writers to advertise their works in their signatures!

Rensslaer

cthulhu said:
What is this, the tenth time, eh, stnylan? :D In any event, it's very well deserved! :cool:

on previous page, ghostwriter calculated it as five times.

Time to pass the baton on, and thank you all again for your kind comments.

As ever there are many worthy contenders, some who have not yet won this award, and some that have. But I have in mind one person who, according to the list in the first post, at any rate, has not won this award for about a year. Yet you will find him all over the AAR-fora. If he is not quite so prolific as he used to be, it is because he finally got sucked into writing. And when he did his dedicated commentating ensured he had a large audience. Today he is perhaps better known for a resurgent British Empire, but he remains someone who crafts excellent comments, and gives encouraging support to earnest writers.

I give you, the king of dragons...

DRACO REXUS

stnylan said:
Time to pass the baton on, and thank you all again for your kind comments.

As ever there are many worthy contenders, some who have not yet won this award, and some that have. But I have in mind one person who, according to the list in the first post, at any rate, has not won this award for about a year. Yet you will find him all over the AAR-fora. If he is not quite so prolific as he used to be, it is because he finally got sucked into writing. And when he did his dedicated commentating ensured he had a large audience. Today he is perhaps better known for a resurgent British Empire, but he remains someone who crafts excellent comments, and gives encouraging support to earnest writers.

I give you, the king of dragons...

DRACO REXUS
Congrats to you DR. I must remember to seek out your works if they have gathered the attention of the stnylan!