• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May the winds of the fan continue to blow, JimboIX. Congratulations. :)

Congrats JimboIX! As any writAAR knows, readAARs are the real energy providers on this boards. :cool:

congrats jimbo

Congratulations, Jimbo!

Great work keeping writers interested and writing.

Rensslaer

Thanks for the nomination CSK, and for all of the congratulatory posts. I haven't been on these boards long, but I've felt very welcome. As someone who hasn't written any AARs I might have trouble picking out a fan, but I'm sure that I'll settle on someone who probably deserves it more than me. Thanks again everyone.

JimboIX said:
Thanks for the nomination CSK, and for all of the congratulatory posts. I haven't been on these boards long, but I've felt very welcome. As someone who hasn't written any AARs I might have trouble picking out a fan, but I'm sure that I'll settle on someone who probably deserves it more than me. Thanks again everyone.
Congratulations JimboIX ! ! :cool:

i heartily agree that these boards have a way of making you feel very welcome ! ! :)

may i suggest that you pick someone who has not been picked before(?), as there are many readAARs who deserve to be picked.

to see who has been picked before, just go to the first post. if that first poster has kept up the list, then you should know who has won before! ! :D

[ OUCH ! ! ] Renss, haven't you been told not to use steel toe shoes when you kick someone? ? :rolleyes:

oh, anyway, and again, a hardy congratulations ! ! :cool:

New fan of the week

Well, this may be a bit early but I will be lacking the internet for the rest of the weekend. For my successor I appoint someone whose comments have always impressed me in reading AARs, and who I think deserves the mention. So for fan of the week I appoint:

Shuma

COngratulations Shuma

Many congratulations Shuma.

A great choice for the next fan. Congrats, Shuma. And I hope to get caught up on your CK AAR soon. Sorry I've been away from it so long.

Woot?

Thank you JimboIX! And everyone who congratulated so far! :D

I first stumbled upon these forums a couple of months ago as I downloaded a CK patch from the Paradox site and saw the link.. and thought how I might check it out. I hanged out at the CK general area for a while, getting tips on gameplay, and then I went exploring and stumbled upon the AAR section.

I was amazed at what I found there, the great quality of some of the writing, the amount of amusement I got from some of the comedy AARs, and above all the support the writAARs gave to each other. I was especially appreciative of the people who obviously were new to AAR making and writing in general, but had the courage to start revealing their work to the public, and I just had to write words of encouragment myself. The feeling that I really should comment on AARs I read, and post constructive comments when possible, especially grew as I endeavoured to write my own AAR, and noticed myself watching the view counter closely and awaiting for people to respond.

Two qoutes on this subject which I saw in signatures have been etched in my mind, and here I'll try to remember them:

CSK: "Each time you read an update and wonder if you shall comment, think of how discouraged you would be if you don't get any comments yourself."

stnylan: "To view is human, to comment is divine."

Just two things I'd like to point out, so some writAARs don't get insulted that I don't post comments to their work :) :

- I've mostly been active in the CK aar section, due to only playing that Paradox game recently. I've taken some tentative steps towards the other sections, but I am still a bit shy about posting there.

- I'm a newcomer to this community, so althought I try to keep up on all CK AARs started since I joined, the prospect of reading the longer-running ones is still a bit daunting, and I haven't done this with many of them.

Hmm... I think this post is already a bit too long, but please bear two more messages directed at specific people.

@CSK: Argh! Second choice you say! :( .... :D

@coz1: I've noticed you not commenting for a while, but I've also seen you writing about being ill in several threads. First of all get well soon, and then I look forward to you catching up. ;)

Shuma said:
@CSK: Argh! Second choice you say! :( .... :D
1. It's because of Jimbo I started Know Your Enemy and didn't stop writing as a whole for some time (think I'd have taken a break otherwise).

2. You've been awarded Writer of the week too less weeks ago for my liking and I wanted to award someone not having been awarded at all.

Also, the quote is from SunZyl, IIRC. I decided to make it my motto when I had holydays and the time to comment every AAR I read, and to read every update when it appeared. Unfortunatly I don't have the time right now. Maybe in some weeks.

Last edited:
You made very good points about the worth of commenting! I'm always happy to congratulate readAARs of the week. Way to go, Shuma! :cool: