• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congratulations :D

Congratulations!

Nice work. Congratulations Vann the Red :)

Congratulations, Vann!

Congratulations, Vann! You deserve this for sure!

Vann's comments go all the way back to Fire Warms, where he was a latecomer to the story, but he made up for lost time, commenting on virtually every update!

And, of course, you can see him everywhere else, too!

While we're at it, Vann, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself -- the whole Interview thing!

Rensslaer

I've had a note out to Vann for a few days, and I don't think he realizes yet he's won. Since it's the holiday and he's not been here, I recommend we wait just another couple days before asking someone else to choose a successor.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

Wow. I did not expect this. How cool is it to win awards for reading good stories? Thank you, Merrick, and thank you to all who have posted their congratulations. Looking over the list of names, I feel it is I who should be congratulating you as you are terrific writers and comentatAARs. I would have responded sooner but I had business travel followed by a sick baby.

At this point, it is customary to list one's favorite AARs. I hesitate to do so for fear of leaving anyone out. In addition to the three marvelous ones Merrick mentioned, I must direct attention to anything written by Director or Rex Angliae. Both excellent. And I must use my bully pulpit (such as it is) to once again implore The Yogi to resume The Eagle and the Lion. Please?

Thank you all,

Vann

Great to see you caught this, Vann. :) Of course, it is just in time too. It's time to pick your successor. ;)

And now, it's time to pass this award along. I really wanted to give this to someone who had not previously won, but in looking over the past weeks of my favorite AARs one name stands out clearly: Stuyvesant

Let me be the first to say: Congratulations, Stuyvesant!

Vann

Oooh! An excellent choice, Vann!

Congratulations, Stuyvesant! Together with Stnylan, you win the award for the most thoughtful (i.e. usefully intellectual) commenter! :D

Great work! Third time winner, too -- but not since 2006, which is surely unjust. ;)

Rensslaer

A most worthy winner. A reader any writer would dearly love to have, for his comments are posts all by themselves.

Congratulations Stuyvesant! Few better comments come from anyone; thoutful, insightive and never lacking in detail. From what I have seen in A Special Providence, The Longest Night and the start of my own AAR (and may I say it is an honour to have you along), I can see you are most deserving of this award.

Last edited:
A most worthy winner. A reader any writer would dearly love to have, for his comments are posts all by themselves.

Hear, hear! A comment from Stuyvesant is always a treat. Well deserved!

Always an excellent choice! Stuyvesant is the true definition of Fan. His comments are detailed and always informative. I look forward to them any time I update.

Congratulations, sir! Well deserved. :cool: