• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations J. Passepartout! ! :cool:

Way to go Passepartout! :cool:

Joe

Hello everybody. It is Sunday, and I think it is about time for me to name my successor.

That gentleman is Storey. He is a fan of not only my own AAR but of some several other AARs and is never at a loss for an amusing comment in reply to an update. When he is the author of that update he usually leave sus hanging off a cliff but that is another storey (;)).

Congratulations storey! ! :)

certainly well deserved ! !
:cool:

our first four time winner ! ! ! ! ! :D

Nice choice.
Congratulations Storey:)

Indeed, Joe is always a good choice for the fan (though one does run the risk he might not give it back after his week is over. ;) ).

I admit, I have missed Storey's comments in my AAR for some time, and certainly miss his presence around the forum while he has taken an extended sabbatical - no doubt working on volume four of his four part series: Falling Over the Cliff - Common Mistakes When Using Cliffhangers. :D

Congratulations Joe. Your presence is always appreciated, your absence always missed.

Not only do I agree with coz 'bout Joe being a great choice, but also about eagerly awaiting the release of volume four! :D

Congrats, Joe!

Wow, four wins. :eek: Well done!

I haven`t won a single time? :eek: .................. :(

:mad:

:p

Well Im hoping I win soon though ;)

What, is this a case of deja vu all over again? Thank you Passepartout and the check is in the mail. I could spend this time writing of grand things and momentous events like how my house siding project is going. Oh you want to know? Well I’m glad you asked.

Picture if you will scaffolding that is six feet wide, ten feet long and a towering twelve… no make that fifteen feet high into the sky. On the top front half is a plank fifteen feet long and three feet wide that I us as my platform for daring dos of the most magnificent kind. On the back is another equally imposing plank where I keep my tools of destruction. One day I had to rig up a ladder with a brace several feet to the side in order to slide the aforementioned platform several feet to the right. It was easier than moving the entire towering colossal to one man’s silliness. Once in place and tested by much jumping up and down I moved over to the back plank and picked up a ladder to place on the platform so that I could reach higher heights than I’d ever reached before. So I with ladder in hand I step on to the platform.

Unfortunately I stepped on the portion that was hanging over the edge of its support and in slow motion, at least to my panic filled eyes, I started dropping as the other end of the plank started rising. The old brain cells kicked into high gear (funny what terror can do) and I threw my free arm out as the platform with much screeching and rumbling plunged down. But not before I caught the edge of my back plank. So there I was hanging fifteen feet off the ground still hanging on to the ladder, which of course was just not quite, almost but no cigar, it’s a game of inches, long enough to reach the ground and save my life when ‘she who won’t be denied ‘ called out. “Drop the ladder!” Ah that’s why I keep her around for those moments of sheer genius.

Needless to say I drop the ladder and with much bravado climb down the scaffold all the time under the silent eye of ‘she who won’t be denied”. As I’m standing before her brushing my clothes off trying to look like I’d planned all that as a quick way to get down she said. “I’m taking a second insurance policy out on you.” It almost brought a tear to my eye seeing how concerned she was for me, sniff. Any way I’ve been haphazard of late in commenting on AARs and hopefully, if I survive, I will once again rain terror… hmm wait a minute that’s not right. Oh encourage our writers to write as they’ve never written before.

Joe

Duke of Wellington said:
Excellent Choice. Storey was mine when I won. Well done on four times. It was always good to read your comments in my AAR though I haven't seen you for a while :(

Fear not I will be back. After my pause in reading to side my house I've been slowly catching back up with several stories. Today I read Amric's ARR for the first time in a week or so and posted such encouragement that I blush to think about it. Truth to tell I’ve been reading as fast as I can and falling father behind. You guys write too much! :D

Joe

coz1 said:
Indeed, Joe is always a good choice for the fan (though one does run the risk he might not give it back after his week is over. ;) ).

I admit, I have missed Storey's comments in my AAR for some time, and certainly miss his presence around the forum while he has taken an extended sabbatical - no doubt working on volume four of his four part series: Falling Over the Cliff - Common Mistakes When Using Cliffhangers. :D

What you restarted your AAR? :eek: I didn't go to the Victoria forum except to read your AAR so when you stopped so did I. Damn no one tells me anything! Don't tell me, you've been writing like a fiend and I have twelve pages to catch up on don't I? :D Looking forward to seeing how Sonny is doing.

Joe

Storey said:
Don't tell me, you've been writing like a fiend and I have twelve pages to catch up on don't I? :D Looking forward to seeing how Sonny is doing. Joe
Yup, it's about that! :D

Congratulations Storey! A pillar of our community, if ever there was one!

And a four-time winner -- now THAT's class!

Now that you mention it, I might take out an insurance policy on you, too! :D

Rensslaer

p.s. - Updated the first post to reflect our recent winners. Sorry I've been so busy!

General Jac said:
I haven`t won a single time? :eek: .................. :(

:mad:

:p

Well Im hoping I win soon though ;)

if it helps in any way, when I was choosing mine you were one of my candidates general. :p . Congrats Storey!