• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Verdammt! This is quite a surprise! I've been commenting not so much these days as I'm restricting myself to only a few of the many and many (good) AARs here. And I do have 'favourite' writers which I try to follow, so I'm utterly biased... ;)

But nonetheless, many thanks for the nomination and comments, they make my old body all warm and fuzzy... :D

The downside is to come up with a new Fan for next week... :p

I guess it's time to pass the 'hot potato' and to nominate a poor soul... :D

So I actually managed to find someone who hasn't received as of yet (if I checked correctly): robw963!

Excellent choice, congrats robw963!

Congratulations, robw963. I've seen your name pop up around the forums, which is always great and a good reason to win this award. Besides that, I would say your first comment in Director's AAR would be reason enough to win the award by itself - it's the kind of detailed, well-thought-out and encouraging comment that writers dream of. :)

Still need to visit your own AAR, but that's besides the scope of this thread. Congratulations again!

I guess it's time to pass the 'hot potato' and to nominate a poor soul... :D

So I actually managed to find someone who hasn't received as of yet (if I checked correctly): robw963!

Hey thanks very much Murmurandus! I consider it a big honor :)

I realize that some consider this award a burden, and I can certainly see how that might actually be the case. It's not an easy thing to pass forward. Participating and commenting are HARD to do and the ones that have been best at it have already been awarded, in some cases many times. I worry that now, compared to say 5 years ago, there is less commenting, and less participation in AARLand as a whole. I'm trying to apply the adage: Be the change you want to see in the world...or in this case AARLand.

I'm still a relative newcomer, certainly if measured by the amount of stuff I've produced. In my first AAR, I'll confess I approached things all wrong. More specifically I took for granted the people who reached out and bothered to take the time to encourage me. Maybe that was arrogance or ego or whatever, but I definitely see it differently now. Commenting and reader participation are the essence of what makes AARLand tick. Without it, all the screenshots, all the beautifully written prose, diagrams, or whatever are just hollow. So yeah, again thank you! I'm glad to be part of a place I really enjoy.

(already sweating about who to pass this on to next week...haha)

Great mix of recent winners! I apologize to whomever came before Loki, but the names I see here are Loki, Murmurandus and RobW, and I certainly have to agree on all of them! Thanks for your support of my AARs and others. Murmurandus was one who kept me encouraged many, many years ago when I was writing narrative dramas! :)

Rensslaer

Very well deserved, robw963, not least for your participation in my own AAR :)

Great mix of recent winners! I apologize to whomever came before Loki, but the names I see here are Loki, Murmurandus and RobW, and I certainly have to agree on all of them! Thanks for your support of my AARs and others. Murmurandus was one who kept me encouraged many, many years ago when I was writing narrative dramas! :)

Rensslaer

You're welcome, but you really make me feel old... :p

The time has come to pass Fan of the Week forward. Before I do, I want to thank everyone for the kind words and support (with a special thank you to Murmurandus). I think most of us would agree that responsive fans are the single most important ingredient in AARLand. It might be easy to see AAR writers as the centerpiece of AARLand, but I suspect most writers wouldn't even bother posting here in the first place if they knew there wasn't a thoughtful audience here to respond. Without them, arguably, there would be no AARLand at all. So in that spirit, I've looked hard for a deserving fan to inherit this award.

I used the following criteria to search for a worthy candidate:
1) an active voter, ideally someone who attempted to fill out an ACA ballot as completely as possible
2) a consistent commenter or participant who ventures into more than just one game section
3) while there are many very deserving fans who've won the award before (in some cases more than once) I wanted to find someone previously unrewarded
4) someone who is supportive and positive but not afraid to be constructively critical
It's worth mentioning that nobody I know, me in particular, meets all these criteria

The candidates I came up with:
Davy for his selfless support for misterbean's Germany tutorial AAR and creation of a PDF version
Soulstrider for his thoughtful commentary and participation in interactive AARs
Poulern a relatively new member who seems to have intuitively grasped the ideals I listed above

But a single choice must be made, therefore I have selected Frymonmon who not only has created many AARS, but always finds time to comment in others' work and participate in many interactive AARs. Congratulations Frymonmon!

You're Fan of the Week:
fotw.png

Congratulations, Frymonmon (and a spiffy trophy, too!)

Congrats!

Congratulations!