• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm...time for a new fan, it seems. :) ::hint, hint::

And the new fan of the week is antracer, who not only does much of the same things I was cited for, and rather better than me, but also once declared himself a fan of my werewolf pieces. As any werewolf player should be well aware, posting your thoughts in a werewolf game can have unforeseen consequences. :D

Congratulations, antracer!

So there I am after a day on the road... After a little nap, barely awake.

If you've ever seen the six million dollar man, I would qualify as a subject for the 'we can awake him, we have the technology' program.

I stumble to the 'desk' and navigate to the forums... As I check my CP, I see there's something about 'fan of the week'.

Mind you it's November, and I'm only half woke up. I mutter to myself that the SPAM on the forums has been unusually heavy lately, and ask myself why the H E double hockey sticks someone would be trying to sell me a fan... For WINTER...!

I open it and notice the name is a touch familiar.
Not in a 'hey those are my socks' kind of way, but I know I've seen it before.

'Fan of the week' he says.

I PM back that it must have been a very small hat, or he was writing down possible choices alphabetically and got a serious case of writers cramp.

I remember my manners and thank him for the honor. It IS an honor BTW.
I can remember seeing the line 'I was fan of the week' in peoples sigs and wondering just what all that was about.
Somewhere I wondered if I would ever be that... Nothing crazy mind you, but a nice touch for one's sig, you know...?

Then it settles in...
I are one...
And I go straight to plaid: Course heading: Stunned.

See, this stuff doesn't happen to me.

Soda flying across a Walmart landing on your shoes...? Yeah, that's me.

Meeting the only other person on the road at a stop sign at 4 AM...? Yeah, that's me.

Taking the wife out for the first time in awhile and meeting not one, but three ex girlfriends I haven't seen in 15-20 years...? Yep. Me.

Getting nominated for fan of the week...? Well...
IF I could win the Lotto...
And IF I could get George Clooney to play my part...
And IF I could get all of the planets to align in order of their sizes...
Well then, yeah, I guess that could be me.

Anyways, as I told The Arch Mead... Back to stunned.

It has been an honor to be allowed to comment and lurk in the AAR's of many here.
The patience shown by the Authors was, and is still, always appreciated.
My intentions are to encourage, and to bring about some semblance of humor.
I can only hope I actually did encourage along the way, and managed to incite a chuckle once in awhile.
Now with this, I almost feel I have a license to keep doing it. ;)

Thank You guys. From the writers to the forum admin to the fans to the guy that just got done taking the waste basket out. Thanks.

Finally, I must say I am quite pleased to go through all the AAR's I've never finished and find someone to do this to next week... :cool:

T

So there I am after a day on the road... After a little nap, barely awake.

If you've ever seen the six million dollar man, I would qualify as a subject for the 'we can awake him, we have the technology' program.

I stumble to the 'desk' and navigate to the forums... As I check my CP, I see there's something about 'fan of the week'.

Mind you it's November, and I'm only half woke up. I mutter to myself that the SPAM on the forums has been unusually heavy lately, and ask myself why the H E double hockey sticks someone would be trying to sell me a fan... For WINTER...!

I open it and notice the name is a touch familiar.
Not in a 'hey those are my socks' kind of way, but I know I've seen it before.

'Fan of the week' he says.

I PM back that it must have been a very small hat, or he was writing down possible choices alphabetically and got a serious case of writers cramp.

I remember my manners and thank him for the honor. It IS an honor BTW.
I can remember seeing the line 'I was fan of the week' in peoples sigs and wondering just what all that was about.
Somewhere I wondered if I would ever be that... Nothing crazy mind you, but a nice touch for one's sig, you know...?

Then it settles in...
I are one...
And I go straight to plaid: Course heading: Stunned.

See, this stuff doesn't happen to me.

Soda flying across a Walmart landing on your shoes...? Yeah, that's me.

Meeting the only other person on the road at a stop sign at 4 AM...? Yeah, that's me.

Taking the wife out for the first time in awhile and meeting not one, but three ex girlfriends I haven't seen in 15-20 years...? Yep. Me.

Getting nominated for fan of the week...? Well...
IF I could win the Lotto...
And IF I could get George Clooney to play my part...
And IF I could get all of the planets to align in order of their sizes...
Well then, yeah, I guess that could be me.

Anyways, as I told The Arch Mead... Back to stunned.

It has been an honor to be allowed to comment and lurk in the AAR's of many here.
The patience shown by the Authors was, and is still, always appreciated.
My intentions are to encourage, and to bring about some semblance of humor.
I can only hope I actually did encourage along the way, and managed to incite a chuckle once in awhile.
Now with this, I almost feel I have a license to keep doing it. ;)

Thank You guys. From the writers to the forum admin to the fans to the guy that just got done taking the waste basket out. Thanks.

Finally, I must say I am quite pleased to go through all the AAR's I've never finished and find someone to do this to next week... :cool:

T

My brain just shortcircuited.... Anyway, Congrats.

Congratulations, antracer :)

Great post, antracer! Congratulations. Please tell us about what you're reading these days.

Vann

Great post, antracer! Congratulations. Please tell us about what you're reading these days.

Vann

You can't ignore a post with the word please in it...

Especially if the said request comes from a moderator... But I digest. (oh sorry... no, I didn't mean you... ;) didn't mean to confuse.) (or DID I...? :cool:)

The last full AAR I got through was There Must Be Order - A Teuton AAR by kebzero... Liked that one, much to glean from it.

I was reading Sir OrangeYoshi and his TN mod with Castille before circumstances beyond his control forced an early retirement.

Currently kind of keeping track of PrawnStar and his French 'Yes We Can' WC below BB telethon.

Keeping up with "...but they will never take our money" by ancistrus. Nice work as Scotland with a touch of the humorous.

Also 'Castille is better than France' by enkhuush, restarted. He was going good before, and I'm hoping he can continue.

There's also the sporadically updated Brandenburg brought to us by dasfubar. Some fun stuff there. Shame he can only update once in awhile.

I also have my own last huRAAh for EUIII IN 3.2b with Purple(ish) Milan going. I'm trying to do it a bit interactively with suggestions and ideas from the studio audience. I'm happy with it so far. Some of the guys have really come up with some interesting scenarios to try and play out.

I have a limited amount of time to dedicate to AAR's. Someday when I retire I can try to read them all, but right now I can only try to keep up with so many. I can honestly say I never thought a few short years ago I would ever be involved in any of it, but it just grows on you. You read one, you read another. You find a guy who can write and who can throw a bone once in awhile and next thing you know your wife is asking you if you're coming to bed this week or not...

Not... :eek:

It's all unduu's fault.

All of this. If he hadn't conquered the world with Mantua, I'd have never read/looked/written a thing. It's OK to blame him, really. I do. You can too...

I also thank him for doing it. If anything I've commented or written has touched you in some that isn't illegal in 49 of the 50 states, go over and thank him too.

Or smack him. He might like either one, you never know.

No. Don't smack him. That's not nice. Just thank him for me next time you see him around.

It's all his fault I tell ya.

T

Congratulations Antracer.:)

When is the accepted time to nominate... er... 'award' this to someone else...? Any time or ???

In re-reading, this sounds like such a dumb question... :eek:o

T

Sounds like you got the answer you were looking for but to make sure, you hold it for a week and then pass it on. Today would be ideal. :)

Today be the ideal day, eh...?

Well, in keeping with the 'new' inductee theme, I wish to award fan of the week to blsteen.

I've seen him active in many AARs, and he is always in tune with what's happening in them, and very supportive of the writers.

He's also quick with decent suggestions and a dash of wit to boot.

Congratulations to the new fan of the week: blsteen...!

T

Many congratulations.