• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And remember to pick someone to pass it on to...

I think it came to you Tuesday, so perhaps pass it on to a new winner tomorrow?

And if you have time, how about telling us some about your fanship with Paradox and its writers?!

Rensslaer

Well, as Singleton Mosby said, himself, he's been rather busy lately.

Wanting to keep this award moving along, I've sometimes stepped in (and Coz1 has been doing so as well, and making great choices!) to honor some of the folks who are great fans but who don't get recognized, perhaps because of the dynamics of the thread.

Usually, this process reaches back -- to some of the real fans who've been around a long time but haven't been honored yet, or in a while.

There are some people in that category. But there's a special opportunity right now I don't want to pass up.

As you are no doubt aware, the HOI 3 AAR forum has recently been set up. There's a fellow who's been active in a number of threads across a number of different games before. That's one of the signs of great fanship -- crossover readership!

But he's also made a special effort to stop by and encourage many of the new authors (about 90% I think!) in the HOI 3 forum! That's fanship at its most valuable -- a kind word and a pat on the back to the writers in a new forum -- the pioneers, many of whom are even new authors!

He's never been honored with this award before, and so his situation calls out for the award even more.

Congratulations to MYTH for actively "fanning the flames" in the new HOI 3 forum!

Congrats, Myth! :cool: Definitely an HoI3 fan. :D

Bravo Myth!

A well-deserved award, the quality of your support for new writers is astonishing.

And you manage to be everywhere at every time! A bit like you're Sauron's unblinking eye, in HoI 3 AAR forum. ;)

Aww shucks. Thanks Rennslaer! And thanks everyone else as well! :eek:o

Vann said:
Congratulations to the man, the Myth, the legend...
I see what you did there. :p

Lordban said:
And you manage to be everywhere at every time! A bit like you're Sauron's unblinking eye, in HoI 3 AAR forum
Two unblinking eyes, actually. ;)

I suppose I should point out a few of the AARs I follow, and encourage people to read them. :p Here goes. I got three AARs I definitely have to recommend from the HoI2 forum: The WRAITH of KHAN! by Thundergate, a magnificent gameplay AAR as Mongolia. He's doing quite well. Second there's Impo- Difficult Victory by Alexus, a first time mod34 Japanese comedic gameplay AAR. It tends toward the ludicrous, in a good way. Finally, there is the neglected Ostfront 1941 by XHR. Playing Germany in the 1941 scenario, it ends up not being nearly as easy as expected. All three are on-going, so drop by, read and comment!

Now we come to HoI3! I'm not really sure where to start here, given the burgeoning AAR population, the fact that many are of quite high quality and all, especially those of the new authors, deserve a read! So I'll just give one suggestion, read this one here.

Ahh yeah, you see what I did there. ;) It's too difficult to choose out any particular ones at the moment. In part this is because so many AARs are still in their very nascent stages, as are very many of the authors. I actually began linking to individual AARs but by the time I got halfway through I realized that I had linked to about three quarters of the first page of the HoI3 AAR forum so I figured I really should just leave it at the forum link. :eek:o

So basically, go out there, read and comment!

/edit: I must edit, for I forgot another very recommendable HoI2 AAR! :eek: Go read redox's Hitler: fAAR from sane as well!

Last edited:
Well done Myth, congratulations !

(...)

I suppose I should point out a few of the AARs I follow, and encourage people to read them. :p Here goes. I got three AARs I definitely have to recommend from the HoI2 forum: The WRAITH of KHAN! by Thundergate, a magnificent gameplay AAR as Mongolia. He's doing quite well. Second there's Impo- Difficult Victory by Alexus, a first time mod34 Japanese comedic gameplay AAR. It tends toward the ludicrous, in a good way. Finally, there is the neglected Ostfront 1941 by XHR. Playing Germany in the 1941 scenario, it ends up not being nearly as easy as expected. All three are on-going, so drop by, read and comment!
(...)

That's really nice of you :eek:o
To be honest a large part of my motivation comes from a few involved readers just like you. Thanks a lot "Fan of the Week" :p

Very many congratulations , Myth ! A very important job in the new sub-forum to boot :D