• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First off, I'd like to announce that the December and January awards have been added to the Index, so we're up to date!

Secondly, I'd like to say a few words of commemoration, and of just general silly interest. :D

This marks the 5th year, straight, that the Fan of the Week Award has been given out to honor those who keep these Fora running -- the resolute, encouraging Fans!

There was only one large gap (late 2004 to early 2005), since the great Hajji Giray started the award, back in 2004. That was an old thread -- this doesn't go back that far. The original thread is linked from the first post of this thread (where the Index is).

There have been 92 individual winners of the FotW Award over the past 4 years.

Fully 16 of those winners have won the award twice.

Only 7 people have won the award more than twice:

Chief Ragusa: 3 times
Coz1: 3 times
Draco Rexus: 3 times
J. Passpartout: 3 times

GhostWriter: 4 times!
Storey: 4 times!

Stnylan: 5 times!

And some silly stuff I noticed, from entering our most recent winners: ;)

Ahura Mazda is the earliest name in the alphabet to have won the award, ever!

And two recent winners -- Evil Santa and English Patriot are only the 3rd and 4th winners whose names start with "E". Odd, that. :D

Congratulations to everybody who has won the award!

And Thank You to all those who take the time to congratulate the winners!

Rensslaer

p.s. - We also recently passed 2,000 posts in this thread!!!

Last edited:
Oh, I'm fine with it this way, Renss, although I certainly see Yogi's argument. I just wanted to point out that should the award process for FotW change, the matching change should be made to WotW.

On to more important matters: Congratulations, Cabipara!

Vann

Congratulations Cabipara!

Congrats, Capibara!

Last edited:
Congratulations English Patriot ! ! :cool:

Congratulations Capibara! !
:cool:

for some reason, i seem to be running out of time before i run out of finishing the things i need to do ! ! :eek:

Well done. Congratulations Capibara.

congrats Capibara, not sure if I've said it yet. well done!

Congrats Capibara!

Congratulatoryations, Capibara!

Wow, What can I say? I never expected winning this award so soon again. Thanks everybody! English Patriot is right, I like leaving comments in most of the AARs I read, specially the new ones, that way I try to encourage them to keep writing, just as others comment my own AAR and make me continue it. Thanks all again!

Vann the Red said:
So, Capibara, what is your current favorite read? Favorite genre?

Vann

I enjoy all of them, but I prefer narrative (Timelines) and gameplay, which the genre I use for my own AARs, if well written, history-book genre is also great.

Well, I guess, it's time to pass on the award, so this week's winner will be germanpeon! Congratulations!

Congratulations !!

Congratulations germanpeon!

Way to go, germanpeon. Thanks for being such a great fan. :)

Congrats.