• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
robou said:
no, i think this creates some forum unity, though it is said in the first post that you should try and look outside your 'home' forums.

Home forum? Oh, you must mean the OT, where I spend most of my time. And when it comes to Paradox games, I own every strategy game they have made besides Diplomacy and Svea Rike -series. I even have Two Thrones and Crown of the North.

PS: Congrats IamWhoa

Olaus Petrus said:
Home forum? Oh, you must mean the OT, where I spend most of my time. And when it comes to Paradox games, I own every strategy game they have made besides Diplomacy and Svea Rike -series. I even have Two Thrones and Crown of the North.

so it was a little broad, but those people that only stay in one or two of the game AAR forums.

robou said:
so it was a little broad, but those people that only stay in one or two of the game AAR forums.

I think that EU1 and HOI1 are only games which AAR forums I don't follow at the moment. I would love to follow Cot or TT AARs, but haven't found any.

Congrats IamWhoa! :)

Congrats! I can attest you're a great fan!

Congratulations, and thanks for your comments and kind words in my AAR!

Congratulations, IamWhoa!

:cool: Congratulations, IamWhoa! :cool:

Congratulations IamWhoa!

Well, I just had a odd idea, how to split the award.

One award for new fan of the weeks, the other award to those who have already been fan of the week at least once? :confused:

Enewald said:
Well, I just had a odd idea, how to split the award.

One award for new fan of the weeks, the other award to those who have already been fan of the week at least once? :confused:

Hmm might be a bit beaurocratic, since the awards do the same thing..

English Patriot said:
Hmm might be a bit beaurocratic, since the awards do the same thing..

but would give a change to new members also.
Those old warhorses get awards anyways yearly, so this would bring new members into fame around aarland?

Congratulations IamWhoa ! ! :cool:

Enewald said:
but would give a change to new members also.
Those old warhorses get awards anyways yearly, so this would bring new members into fame around aarland?
What are the yearly awards? :confused:

There is no award in the AARland choice awards for fan of the week, and not all who comment a lot also write AARs. It's a bit like the argument we had over the disqualification of seasoned (Timelines) AARs from monopolizing the awards... it is not necessary IMO. I don't notice whether it is Stnylan commenting or a newer member..

To head something off before it gathers steam -

The current format for these awards has worked well for several years. Active oldtimers win multiple times - and yet plenty of other people win it for the first time. Taking Rens' list in the first post so far this year alone 14 people (including IamWhoa) have won Fan for the first time, new members and old members both. This says to me that in no way are new members of AARland are being excluded.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, if anyone has a concern can they please PM myself or one of the other mods, or start or continue an appropriate thread, and not interrupt the award thread itself.