• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratultaions, morningSIDEr! Your comments are always worth the read.

Congratulations, morningSIDEr! A well-deserved award!

Congratulations morningSIDEr !

A great many thanks to Threedog43 for this nomination (thank goodness bribery works so well!), and thanks also to everyone for the kind words (your bribes are all in the post!). After the horrific display by Scotland against Liechtenstein last night, this more than makes up for that terrible game (I really don't know why I expect Scotland to easily beat anyone when it comes to football these days...). I'm truly grateful for the award, especially as I have only been regularly commenting for quite a short time now. Before I typed up my first AAR I was a lurker, and its only once I began an AAR and found out just how much the odd comment can mean, that I began showing my appreciation clearly for the many great AARs on this forum. I only wish I had time to follow far more AARs.

I have seen previous winners make reference to AARs they are particularly enjoying at present, and felt moved to do so myself (thereby likely causing all AARs mentioned here to now fail miserably, as any AAR which I like, with my complete lack of taste, must be bad!). This is but a very short list of AARs I am enjoying at present, I am following too many to list every single one;

Threedog43's very own Past and Present (sort of), A No Screenshot AAR! - the concept of the AAR is an excellent one (which I plan to steal and make my own as soon as I can). The AAR is about the struggles of the leading figures in the Loarn dynasty, in both past and present, as they attempt to gain power, and it is proving a very enjoyable and gripping read.
Tales of Victory: The Rajah and the Sacred Cow by CatKnight - A breathtakingly excellent history book AAR detailing the fortunes of Vijaynagar.
One Hundred Years and a Year: Tales of Aydin by Marco Oliverio - An AAR with wonderful writing, there is a brilliant mix of the narrative and history book style in this AAR. The stories themselves are hugely engrossing.
AARmenia - The Vibrant Liberators (a MMU AAR) by Keinwyn - A very humorous AAR wherein Armenia is being led to glory by its, uhm...interesting...ruling family (well, if not 'led to glory', then led somewhere...), this AAR is proving a great read.
Rebels without a pause - a Tribal AAR by PrawnStar - I daresay everyone has heard of this AAR already. It contains rebels, lots of action, rebels, excellent wit, rebels and uhm...rebels.
Last Bastion of Freedom: The US alone against the Fascist world by History_Buff - A very action packed, compelling AAR, wherein America stands alone against a world near dominated by the Axis powers.
Mamma Mia! The AAR by aldriq - A ridiculously witty AAR wherein aldriq controls one of four nations for a number of years before leaving said nation to the tender mercy of AI control whilst moving on to the next, eventually returning to each nation, left attempting to fix the mess wrought by the AI control.
Added to this list, absolutely any and every AAR created by Iain Wilson, loki100, sybot, RGB, dinofs, naggy, Range, phargle and too many other writers, I readily include.

This list could go on forever, indeed it is already longer than I had planned, thus I had best stop it now!

Thanks once again for the kind words, I truly appreciate them, and will choose my successor at the weekend!

Last edited:
Congratz! :)

Congratulations, MorningSIDEr!

As clever a commentator as he is a writer!

Many thanks once again to everyone for the kind comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Its not been quite a week since my nomination, but I felt it best to get this award back to being one given on a weekend alongside the others. There were a number of people I had in mind for this award, but one member stands out. He was the first person to regularly post on one of my AAR's, which proved a tremendous boost to myself, and I have seen him give the same encouragement to a number of new writers on this great forum. His replies are always filled with excellent wit, and I hugely enjoy reading them. My choice is thus blsteen.

Congratulations my amigo!

Congrats blsteen! :)

Last edited:
Congrats blsteen! You, too, are very deserving of this award.

Grats mate

Wow, I just logged in to see if anything was new and saw I had a PM...informing me I was FOTW. Wow.
thanks to morningSIDEr for the award, it means alot. Eventhough, I had lurked in the AAR forum to get some tricks...err tactics for my games, I eventually started to comment and now over a thousand posts later my wife wonder's where all my time went. So to make this quick...er, I'll say thanks a bunch to everyone.

Last edited:
Congrats blsteen! I obviously find it an excellent choice as well. :)