• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, friendly neighbourhood mods, the list on the first page doesn't include 2010 yet. Make sure to put that in if you have the time.;)

Wow! Thank you, Darkrenown & Coz & everybody else! I am very honoured!

I am terribly overwhelmed right now, and so I'm very spotty in checking things, but I will try to devise a response, and to turn this around today, to get things back on schedule.

Thanks again!

Renss

p.s. Vishaing.... You said you "like the name" -- do you mind if I ask why that is? Just curious.

Hmm... I feel honour bound to complete the requirements of the Award, which includes something about ourselves and the AARs we read...

Basically, I'm a writer, in a wide variety of styles. I've written for politicians, and non-profits, and more recently most of you know I've been writing the Strategy Guides and Manuals for a great many Paradox products. Many of you also know I love to write fiction, examples of which are in my signature. Right now I'm trying to cope with about 4 jobs, including some work for Paradox and a full-time web administrator job on top of it. Some political involvements, too, on a volunteer basis. Does it never stop??!!

I have had MUCH more time to read and comment in the past, rather than recently, but I do try to keep my hand in the mix. I've been encouraging FJ44 to finish his Victoria Japan AAR, Dawn In the East (which operates a bit like a car with a bad clutch, but it's still going!). I keep an eye on Myth's HOI 3 Explorations in Strategy, and very recently (as HOI 3 was being developed) returned to TheExecuter's The Last Mission, as well as picking up (on multiple recommendations) TheHyphenatedOne's Weltkriegschaft. I also enjoyed the short "AARlets" produced for HOI 3 before release, in the contest, having been particularly impressed by the works of new authors Dublish and Saithis. I enjoy following the Guess the Author Challenge, which is stirring once again thanks to Snugglie!

But that barely covers it. I have recently enjoyed a number of Victoria AARs, including those by Director, Robou and Volksmarschall, among others. The AARLand Choice AwAARds have, in the past, sent me to enjoy the works of Veldmaarschalk in Crusader Kings. I've enjoyed a number of EU 3 and HOI AARs... Any list of favorite authors would run to three columns, and some length, and still wouldn't do my list justice. I LOVE this place! Just wish I had more time to still read as much as I used to.

And that's one reason why, in every Manual or Strategy Guide I produce, I mention the AARs to the readers, because I want more and more people to come see what's here, and consider how they might participate!

Now... To pass this along...

My criteria normally includes someone who makes their "fanship" mark in more than one game forum (this fellow hits Victoria, EU 3 and Crusader Kings, at least). Normally I also try to find those fellows who have long deserved the Award, and yet have not received it. I was a bit surprised to find he's not been so honoured before, but... Better late than never, HERE IT IS!

Our new AwAARdee is our new Victoria LibrAARian (a huge job in itself, which figures in no small part into this award!),

SirCliveWolfe!

Congratulations, Sir!

Rensslaer

Congrats! :D

Congratulations :)

Excellent choice, Renss, and yet one more way you keep this award moving...great speech! :cool:

Congratulations, SirCliveWolfe! Terrific work on Vickie's librAARy and your own efforts to keep others moving in their AARs.

Congrats!

Congratulations :D

Congratulations SirCliveWolfe! with much appreciation from the Vicky Community! ;)

Congratulations SirCliveWolfe :)