• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then, surely, the correct title ought to be 'Jester of AARland'!
-15 relations with Enewald. Enewald leads revolt against Duke Seelmeister. In a heroic battle, Seelmeister is overthrown and Enewald takes his rightful place as Emperor of All AARland. :p

-15 relations with Enewald. Enewald leads revolt against Duke Seelmeister. In a heroic battle, Seelmeister is overthrown and Enewald takes his rightful place as Emperor of All AARland. :p

-100 relations penalty with all vassals for not having written an AAR.

Well, since I like to pass this award on within the limits set by the rules, I once again embarked on a quest trying to figure out to whom I shall pass it on. I always try to figure out who is posting often and in many places, yet has not won the award too recently; quantity combined with quality plus area of influence minus recent nominations. :p

AARland is a weird place in the internet, some people come, burn brightly for a short period, making in bursts many AARs and posts, then somehow leave it all behind and are not seen again. Just looking at the previous winners in the first post I started recognizing many names from 07-11 period, that I have not seen in ages. Many of them brilliant writers and faithful fans. Yet some names keep showing up all over the forums as years roll by. They may not be commenting everywhere, nor all the time, but they keep posting with same dedication as years roll by.

So I would like to nominate Nikolai as the next fan of the week, someone who truly defines AARland 'old guard'!

Reactions:
Great choice Enewald. Nikolai pops up frequently in almost every AAR I find myself reading, a highly supportive AARland fan and a richly deserving winner.

I also try to use a similar approach to choosing a winner, although I've never yet expressed it as a formula!

A very well desrved award! Congratulations, Nikolai!

Excellent choice Enewald (and congrats on your recent record setting win!)

Congratulations Nikolai! Longtime Fan and all around excellent commentAAR!

Wow, thanks.:) Almost to the day 4 months since last time. My fourth time too. If this keeps up, I'll combat the Enewald himself before long.;) And you know, today is my birthday! So this was a nice and surprising gift.:)

perfect in time for my AARlander AARticle, congratz!
So true.:D

Happy Birthday then! :)

Happy birthday (a week late, but hey, I still made it) and congrats Nikolai. I'm just worried that you and Enewald will start a relay thing here and bounce between yourselves. :p

Thank again all, both for the birthday wishes and for the congratulations! You're amazing.:)

For the coming week's Fan, I'd like to nominate one who I believe never have won it before. One who I see around commenting and also do some AARing of his own(which isn't a criteria, but he has some good writing, so I thought I'd mention it :D ). All rise for Idhrendur!