• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Dr. Gonzo!

Congrats Dr Gonzo!

EDIT: Great user name btw ;)

Congratulations Dr. Gonzo!

Also many congratulations to Dr Gonzo. I missed Estionzulu's post somehow :)

So that's what you've doing? Rather than writing updates you've spent all your time being a 'fan'. Whatever next? Kids these days hey? When I was a lad you'd finish your own updates before reading anyone elses!

Congrats indeed Dr G, a deserved award.

Congratulations Dr. Gonzo! :)

Well done Dr. Gonzo, congratulations :)

Two questions...

First, do we know that Dr. Gonzo knows he's won? Did you contact him, EZ?

Second, Dr. Gonzo, would you mind telling us a little about yourself before passing this along?

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

Oh, there he is.

Missed his reply.

Come on back, Dr. Gonzo! Tell us about yourself! What we're looking for is described in the first post of the thread, along with a request that you pick a successor.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

Sorry everyone!

I've literally had no time to get to my computer in past days, I shall correct my tardiness, and rather economic reply, forthwith.

When it comes to both writing and reading AARs, I think nothing can beat a well written history book style. I love immersing myself in detailed, well-thought out alt-histories.

As such the likes of RossN's The Bear in Winter, El Pip's The Butterfly Effect and of course Estonianzulu's Footsteps of Illustrious Men. Indeed considering the vast stream of questions thrown at Estonianzulu regarding the various social, political and military details of his fictional America by yours truly I was expecting either this award or a restraining order. :D

As such I view a great fan as someone who cannot only prop up the writers ego with constant prostration (never a bad thing mind ;) ) but can comment on events as well, offering great insight and displaying a deeper interest in the AAR than a simple compliment ever could. This is in my mind, not only the greatest compliment, but adds so much to the overall AAR experience like nothing else. As such I pass the award on to ComradeOm, a great writer, and most certainly a brilliant fan.

Congratulations :)

Congrats ComradeOm.