• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Gen. Marshall, well deserved!

Seems like the Dutchie scores again :D

Enjoy it while you still can though :p

Congratulations indeed. Well deserved.

Congrats Marshall, it is only natural that I must sing my praises as well. Sing it in a deep, slow, Russian voice

Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Generals, Archangel of potential, Georgescu hail!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Soviets, Sokolov giving justice...justice to all!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Liberals, Brabant the Minister, Priming to his final days!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of the Wolga, do not worry so, it is just on hold!

Hail to the Marshall, General period Marshall, he marches onwards...Fan...of...the...week.

-International Man of Mystery

Oh dear... In a not-so-fan-of-the-week-ish fashion, a game called Real Life is sucking away all my time for the forums. Thank you all for the great thank-yous (especially those sung in a deep Russian voice ;)), and in order to save the mods (and me) the trouble, I declare nominations open.

If you cannot decide, you could let the one who decided to nominate you decide. Common in cases where the one who was nominated did not respond in time to claim the award, thus reverting back the chance to nominate the successors to the previous award holder.
Or you can ask AARland mods to overtake the choice, but open nominations... *shivers*

Reactions:
Let's revisit this question next week. No need to pass on the award too early.

In other news, Gen. Marshall's AAR has experienced a sudden surge in activity, in what experts are describing as 'the scramble for the FotW AwAARd' as commentatAARs vie for the incumbent's favour.

And finally, an unnamed dogsbody, thought to be in the employ of Lord Sherwin Norfolk, has been sighted wandering cluelessly around the London dockyards, in what experts are describing as 'a regular day.'

Densley Blair,
Current Affairs Editor for the AARlander Gentleman's Pointless Drivel Fish-and-Chip Wrapping Gazette

Such chaos explained by the Current Affairs Editor for the AARlander Gentleman's Pointless Drivel Fish-and-Chip Wrapping Gazette is troubling the nation. In times of such anarchy, it is only right we declare a state of Martial Law.

99KingHigh,
Ministry of wAAR.

Naturally as Gen M. has just endorsed my own AAR, I must endorse Densley's most excellent choice of successor. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had a comment in verse before... I daresay Gen. M probably deserves the award on that criteria alone! Congrats! :)

Thanks a lot 譚張! But as a fan, of course I owe my very presence here to brilliant AARs like yours - when is the next update inbound?

For those interested, by the way, this was the congratulatory crap poem:

Nothing rhymes with Marshal,
Aside from itself and partial.
Apparently a half-rhyme is Herschel,
But that to me seems controversial.
So I'll have to be content with saying:
Congratulations! And keep playing
And commenting on AARs
(Especially ours!)

Here's an addendum:

Congratulations Gen!
Once again – thanks for the mention;
Now go and Sherwin
Some love and attention! ;)

Fixed that first sentence for you!

Congratulations, Gen. Marshall!

Well deserved congrats, Gen. Marshall!

Congrats Gen. Marshall, well deserved!

Many thanks to the ever-present moderator team; may we never meet in PMs again... ;)

Congratulations Gen. Marshall.

Congratulations, Gen. Marshall!

Congatulations General!

Congratulations indeed. Well deserved.

Huzzah!

Seems like the Dutchie scores again :D

Enjoy it while you still can though :p

Just imagine the dazed look on good Ikar's face when he found out that my incompetence to nominate a successor last week got me not only two weeks of "Fan of the Week", but also admission into the two-at-a-time club :D

Congratulations, Gen. Marshall! Busy popping up all over the forums, I see - always the sign of a good fan. :)

So are you, Stuyvesant, as your record shows. Now let's go and follow the same AARs as we meet far too little!

Congrats Marshall, it is only natural that I must sing my praises as well. Sing it in a deep, slow, Russian voice

Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Generals, Archangel of potential, Georgescu hail!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Soviets, Sokolov giving justice...justice to all!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of Liberals, Brabant the Minister, Priming to his final days!
Hail to the Marshall...Marshall of the Wolga, do not worry so, it is just on hold!

Hail to the Marshall, General period Marshall, he marches onwards...Fan...of...the...week.

-International Man of Mystery

Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs ?

I likes it :laugh:

Also, as a close to congratulatory posts, I wish to issue an honourary mention of jcb94 for this post :blush:

me said:
Forts have a tendency to be overwhelmed in MP - Remember that Carnage where the Soviets built an entire fort line?

Sorry, I haven't seen any other carnage AAR's. Also, I must say it's an honour to have Gen. Marshall reply to me! :D

If you cannot decide, you could let the one who decided to nominate you decide. Common in cases where the one who was nominated did not respond in time to claim the award, thus reverting back the chance to nominate the successors to the previous award holder.
Or you can ask AARland mods to overtake the choice, but open nominations... *shivers*

I'm actually all in favour of open nominations, since something like Fan of the Week is mostly a personal opinion. There really won't be any "wrong choices", and even if one person is chosen who might better not have been chosen, that will fix itself as soon as the next person is nominated.

In other news, Gen. Marshall's AAR has experienced a sudden surge in activity, in what experts are describing as 'the scramble for the FotW AwAARd' as commentatAARs vie for the incumbent's favour.

And finally, an unnamed dogsbody, thought to be in the employ of Lord Sherwin Norfolk, has been sighted wandering cluelessly around the London dockyards, in what experts are describing as 'a regular day.'

Densley Blair,
Current Affairs Editor for the AARlander Gentleman's Pointless Drivel Fish-and-Chip Wrapping Gazette

Such chaos explained by the Current Affairs Editor for the AARlander Gentleman's Pointless Drivel Fish-and-Chip Wrapping Gazette is troubling the nation. In times of such anarchy, it is only right we declare a state of Martial Law.

99KingHigh,
Ministry of wAAR.

'Tis fraud and plotting - there was no such anarchy! They are just trying to sow chaos and seize power for themselves... Hang the Minister of wAAR! Decapitate the Current Affairs Editor for the AARlander Gentleman's Pointless Drivel Fish-and-Chip Wrapping Gazette!

I'm actually glad no such rush for comments on my AAR existed... Every single comment on that stalled venture makes my self-esteem drop by a good 100%; Unfortunately I am completely unable to keep up any prolonged creative effort :(

...and now for something completely different.

Selecting my successor was actually far easier than planned. Many, if not most famous commentators have recieved one or more Fan of the Week AwAARds already, but for some reason he has none. Please, applaud this first-time Fan of the Week, Hitler's Nazi Germany's Virtual Hitler's the HOI3 Germany AAR's greatest fan in existence, from the land where soccer football! is both loved and hated more than anywhere in the world*, someone who I'd like to honour for his four-year service in AARland.

I congratulate you, guillec87!

*Woe my geographical knowledge. Buenos Aires is of course in Argentina, not Brazil.

*Woe my geographical knowledge. Buenos Aires is of course in Argentina, not Brazil.

LOL, I was about to point that out. Happily for you, the school has started! :p

Congrats to Argentina then :)

Gen.Marshall, being so picky to choose people that have never won this award yet feels almost like you are discriminating the small minority that has won this award already seven times. :rofl:

Well anyway, Congratulations to guillec87!

Reactions:
I would offer my congratulations, but I have no head. ;)

Congratulations guillec87

Thanks to all, and specially to Gen who has nominated me... I must apologize I didn't write earlier, I was not checking my email (final tests at college)