• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your current AARs are both for games I don't play. Yes, I have the badges, but that doesn't mean I play them.

You mean to say that don't play DH? This must be rectified immediately! :p

Your current AARs are both for games I don't play. Yes, I have the badges, but that doesn't mean I play them.

That's not an excuse any self-respecting fan of the week laureate should use! :p

In all seriousness, one shouldn't limit oneself to what one already knows here in AARland. Nowadays, I only tend to play Victoria 2 and EUIV, but I still enjoy reading stories from all across the board. I don't even own Rome or DH (with apologies to Tanzhang) but I find the history enjoyable, so I support the occasional AAR born of them. If the AAR is good, then you can know absolutely nothing about a game and still understand perfectly what is going on in the story.

That said, my current AAR is set during Victoria's timeframe, so you have absolutely no excuses there! :p

That's not an excuse any self-respecting fan of the week laureate should use! :p

In all seriousness, one shouldn't limit oneself to what one already knows here in AARland. Nowadays, I only tend to play Victoria 2 and EUIV, but I still enjoy reading stories from all across the board. I don't even own Rome or DH (with apologies to Tanzhang) but I find the history enjoyable, so I support the occasional AAR born of them. If the AAR is good, then you can know absolutely nothing about a game and still understand perfectly what is going on in the story.

That said, my current AAR is set during Victoria's timeframe, so you have absolutely no excuses there! :p

Honestly though, I totally understand why someone might not want to read an AAR for a game they don't own. I personally find it rather difficult to go back to CKII AARs when I'm playing Vicky II for instance, and vice versa, even though I love both games.

Honestly though, I totally understand why someone might not want to read an AAR for a game they don't own. I personally find it rather difficult to go back to CKII AARs when I'm playing Vicky II for instance, and vice versa, even though I love both games.

Oh no, I agree; I do understand that someone might not want to read something when one isn't in the mood for a certain game/period of history, but I don't think it should mean one simply dismisses an AAR out of hand with no prospect of ever changing one's mind. :)

For the most part, I read Vicky2 AARs.

I nominate Riccardo93 as Fan of the Week for his bold stance against democratic tyranny in Belgium as General Maurice Pilon

Well, at least you didn't nominate him for excellence in modding. Congrats Riccardo. :)

As well deserved as this award would be, considering Riccardo is our current Role Player of the Month laureate, and considering that the basis of his nomination as our next FotW laureate seems to be for this very role playing, wouldn't this second award be somewhat, well, redundant? Don't get me wrong, Riccardo is a good friend, and I don't wish to sound curmudgeonly or anything, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him outside of the world of iAARs and forum games.

That said, congratulations all the same!

As well deserved as this award would be, considering Riccardo is our current Role Player of the Month laureate, and considering that the basis of his nomination as our next FotW laureate seems to be for this very role playing, wouldn't this second award be somewhat, well, redundant? Don't get me wrong, Riccardo is a good friend, and I don't wish to sound curmudgeonly or anything, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him outside of the world of iAARs and forum games.

Nah, I'm sure he'd make a great FoTW recipient irrespective of other awards he may have won.

Nah, I'm sure he'd make a great FoTW recipient irrespective of other awards he may have won.

I'm sure he would. Maybe the award will inspire him to go out and do some fan-ing? :p

Congratulations again, Riccardo!

Riccardo is a worthy winner (ah, the days in which we singlehandedly carried the Republicans on our backs in the Presidents... good times!), and so congratulations!

And slowly... the BNF infiltrates the awards process >:D

On that note, thanks Andre, you lovely lovely filthy stinking communist you make me so sick I kill you with mighty fascist stronkness

Umh, er... yes... thanks everyone; love you :3

Can we vote to ban the BNF in this thread, at least? ;)