• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, ASD!

Thanks for keeping the writing fires fanned!

And rememberr to pass on your award, so that others may be so honored!

Rensslaer

Congratulations robou! Thanks for following my AARs :)

Congratulations robou! I know you do plenty of commenting, but I'd like to point out to all those that do not know, he is also the Vickie LibrAARian and does a great service for the forum. That's done out of love for the forum and no pay is part of the job. A true fan. :)

Congratulations robou! Maybe this will give you some more motivation and finish off poor old Austria quicker :p

Much deserved dear boy!

Congratulations robou!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Commenting, librarianing (?), writing three AARs and counting... If it wasn't for those RL finals, who knows, you might take over the forums completely!

As said before elsewhere, good luck with your finals. I look forward to more posts in your AARs and more comments in others!

There's no doubt that Robou is a publishing industry all to himself. As an author, he is a terror and an inspiration to us all. As a commentator he is perceptive, encouraging and a delight to have read your work.

Congratulations - well deserved!

Hearty congratulations, I've just started reading Carefully Applied Force, and I'm definitely liking it :)

Congratulations robou :)

Excellent:)

Well I know it sounds like something that is commonplace, but this is a surprise. A pleasant one of course. It is at this time of the year, as stuyvesant points out what with exams, that I am actually at my reading low. On a chart, this centre part would be nearing the bottom of the graph and I am ashamed, and dearly sorry, to all the peoples AARs I have had to side track somewhat. Were it not for exams, I would be able to keep to my promises of "I'll read this by so and so" which I am quite famous, I am sure, now of not ever accomplishing. So apologies to comagoosie, Capibara, volksmarschall, TheExecuter and, most of all, Snugglie. For him, I have been saying I would catch up on his AAR for... oooh... about a year now and have only got about a 1/3 of the way through it in that time. I am dreadful and I sincerly apologise. :(

All this has come to my attention, as of late, due to the ACAs. I usually think I am reading quite a few AARs; the amount of time I seem to spend reading would suggest that too. But when the ACAs come around and I am sitting there in front of my voting ballot, not doing anything in particular; just sitting and staring at it. And in my head? "*insert suitable expletive*! I don't have any more AARs to put into my vote." As such, a single ballot can take as long to compile as an update. Still, time well spent I think. But the point stands; I just can't see that I can be reading all that much when filling in half a ballot is a superhuman struggle. Filling in Victoria is no too much of a problem; it is my own true love and where I focus my reading and as such always have enough material to vote on (or if in doubt just stick Director's AAR in ;)). I own all the paradox games, however, and make hardly any effort to read in the other forums. I mean, I don't expect myself to read every AAR around like Enewald and stnylan seem to do; but at least enough to choose out 4... rather depressing, I feel. Of course, three AARs and important exams don't write themselves (although I can only blame myself for starting my new Spanish AAR now :eek:o), and it forces me to cut back.

As has been mentioned, I also do the LibrAARy, and even that I don't intend to update until the summer; those updates can take a while to sift through. So while Coz, Director and stuyvesant may believe I could take over the forums, I am afraid any such pronunciamiento will have to wait until after the exams. ;) I do have confidence in my writing, though I cannot vouch for what others think; I just trust that if they were not enjoying my writing they would either not read it or at least tell me it was trash (though the latter would cause a momentary weep :)). As for my commenting, I am quite a slow reader; don't know my exact speed but it matters not. After putting time and effort into reading something, and with the time and effort the writer put in, I think we both deserve more than a one liner saying 'Good Update!' It has indicated that you have neither read, absorbed nor cared much for the writer’s effort. I try and expand on any comment I make to 3 or 4 lines although the actual length does not matter. What counts is that you show intelligence, gratitude and respect. As for any claims I am perceptive, well that is usually only the result of prior background knowledge, or an update perking my interest on something and going to look at it (technically then becoming prior knowledge). I just try and be interesting, friendly, useful, suitably comedic (to little avail) and grateful. So my theory: the length does not matter, the love of the reading and writing does. If that is there, it really shows through in the comments.
I didn't mean to rant :D
Thank you
Rob

Last edited:
I think I was mentioned :eek:

Anyways, I will agree with you on the quality of the comment. If the AuthAAR posts something of a mini update or something not related to the AAR, and I don't find it (for lack of a better word) worthwhile to comment then I won't. Of course, exceptions do apply, but generally I feel that if my comment won't add to the AAR or encourage the author then I won't comment. Not saying that "great update" won't boost anyone's self esteem either :D

Not saying that "great update" won't boost anyone's self esteem either :D

I don't mean adding that in. Sure, go ahead, stick it in; it is great to know it was a nice update... but as the entirerty of the comment? Not really useful in any way.