• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very well deserved, Idhrendur! Allow me also the privilege of bringing up his amazing work with the various converters; he's made of my own AARs possible.

Speaking a bit off topic, you know what every true AARland fan does? Votes in the ACAs, of course! (Links in my signature.)

Speaking a bit off topic, you know what every true AARland fan does? Votes in the ACAs, of course! (Links in my signature.)

Damn straight! Go and vote people! :)

And congratulations also to Idhrendur!

Last edited:
Happy birthday (a week late, but hey, I still made it) and congrats Nikolai. I'm just worried that you and Enewald will start a relay thing here and bounce between yourselves. :p

Funny, Enewald was close to the top of my nomination list.;)

Congratulations, Idhrendur! I see you around AARland and others have mentioned your valuable converters, so it's a well-deserved award.

I have to ask: who or what is an Idhrendur? Perhaps I should know this (pop culture, classic literature, cinematic legend), but I don't, and it doesn't strike me as a name one picks at a whim. :)

Congratulations, Idhrendur! I see you around AARland and others have mentioned your valuable converters, so it's a well-deserved award.

I have to ask: who or what is an Idhrendur? Perhaps I should know this (pop culture, classic literature, cinematic legend), but I don't, and it doesn't strike me as a name one picks at a whim. :)

Tolkiens Sindarin elven language; thoughtful, pondering, wise adj.idhren [idhrin]

From more of Sindarin; Barad-dûr = n. dark tower
barad (“tower”) + dûr (“dark, somber”) #Dh could revert to d assimilated by the preceding d.

Dark ponderer? :p

At least that is what I get when I use google. :p

Reactions:
Much congratulations to both Nikolai and Idhrendur. I for one cannot think of two more deserving recipients! :)

Thanks everyone! And sorry for the slight delay in nominating a successor. It was a long (but good) weekend.

Enewald was quite close to getting the derivation of 'Idhrendur' correct. 'Idhren' is indeed Sindarin (common Elvish) for wise/deep thinker/ponderer. The rest of the name is from the Quenya (high Elvish) '-ndur', which means servant. It's a common name ending, see also Isildur (moon-servant).

In any case, I'd like to nominate one of the people consistently commenting on my AAR, despite it still moving through EU3 (which apparently is no longer so sexy): blitzthedragon. It's his (and a few others) who do a good job of keeping me motivated. Thread views divided by thread replies just doesn't feel personal enough, you know?

Aw shucks you guys, you have no idea how flattered I am. ^^