• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow. What an honour! :eek: I was merely passing to see if the award had got stuck and see this. Very heart warming.:) I always feel I should comment more, I so often read and forget to comment. Or it feels like it. Seemingly I'm a wee bit harsh on myself. Ah, I better write about the AARs I read then! So many... I could not possibly mention them all, or do them justice. So many great AARs have been written, giving me so much pleasure.

Lately some of the old timers have popped up again, like Cat's Random World Order. This makes me glad, and also makes me remember the guys who's AARs I've enjoyed who doesn't post anymore. Like GeneralBT and Draco Rexus.

But there are many AAR writers who's come by more recently too. Like my friend Ben Kenobi, who have taken on himself to do a Vicky ONE AAR with the goal of WC, in the form of comedy. Check out Deo Vindice - A CSAAR. And Tanzhang and his marvelous From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic.:)

I read a lot of different AAR types, some are simple, but enjoyable, like mike the knight's Restoration of Attila's legacy: A MagyAAR terror. Others are history book tales like Tanzhang's and Belgiumruler's The History of the Southern Netherlands: Book I - A Megacampaign. I love narrative AARs like GeneralBT and Draco Rexus' AARs, and lately I've slowly consumed an AAR I've yet to comment on, as I want to be finished reading to not accidentally be spoiled on last page; Revan86's Bloodsnake and Battlewolf – the Botners of Jórvík.

I read AARs from all over AAR-land, but there are oh so many I miss. The number of AARs are staggering! I am lucky that we have the various awards going on in this forum then, as it often gives me new gems to discover. Thank you to the people running these award threads, and thank you to all the talented AAR writers out there! :)

Can someone please change the thread title? Pleease? Beaga's name has been stuck there for what seems like an age.

Oh, and I fully endorse our FoTW's recommended list of AARs, principally because he mentions one of mine. ;)

Can someone please change the thread title? Pleease? Beaga's name has been stuck there for what seems like an age.

I'm happy to say it's done. ;)

Congrats Nikolai!

Must add my own two ducats to this thread and say a very well deserved congrats to Nikolai! Longtime fan of not just mine, but of the full forum. Great choice!

Thanks again, all.:)

Congratulations, Nikolai - one of my favourite commenters!

Thanks again folks. As it is Sunday, it is my duty to pass the award on. There are a lot of worth contenders out there. One fan who haven't got the award yet at all as far as I can see, is NikephorosSonar. He's quite active in the WW2 focused forums, and I often see him commenting on Kaiserreich AARs, a sub group I am quite fond of myself. So congratulations on the honor of being fan of the week, NikephorosSonar!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, NikephorosSonar! I must admit Kaiserreich AARs are one of the (gaping) holes on my resume, so I'm not familiar with you, but an endorsement by Nikolai carries a lot of weight. For that matter, I might have to check out some of these new-fangled 'Kaiserreich' AARs...

Hmmm, I PMed him and he replied. Hope he comes around soon to give a speech.:) Chosing the new Fan of the Week was hard btw, so many great fans out there, but I wanted to highlight a new face.

And you should really check out the Kaiserreich AARs Stuyvesant. Some of them are a really entertaining read.

Well this is a surprising way to know that this even existed. This is a great honor and a great responsibility.

I don't spend a lot of time in the other AAR sections so I don't know anyone to pass this on to. I'm sure I'll find time this weekend.