• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to Renss for embarrassing me ( ;) ), and a big shout-out to all of the Mods and Demi-Mods who keep this place running nice and smooth. Take a bow.

Now that my 15 minutes are up, it's time to pass the torch.

So here's to you, Ricardo Rolo. You haven't written an AAR yet, as far as I can see, but you have certainly taken the time to comment on a number of them with some pretty astute observations. Your encouragement and feedback has not gone unnoticed. Join me in congratulating Ricardo Rolo as the Fan of the Week.

Congratulations, Ricardo! :)

Congratulations, Ricardo Rolo! I really appreciate your comments in my AARs!

Rensslaer

Congratulations RR! Were I you I would feel very honored. This award, the FOTW, is modeled on the original - the WritAAR of the Week. The current method of giving out the FOTW is certainly original to Backfire way back in the day (2004, I believe) but the idea was surely based on what many tried to do at the time and still do. So it is fitting that LD is back in the mix and passing along some praise since the very first WOW was given out by none other (as best I can tell) - AAR Writer of the Week : MrT

We flubbed a bit perhaps in recognizing over 10 years of writers, fans and all others this past summer but it is so wonderful to see that still going strong and steady. We can certainly celebrate it now. Congrats again Ricardo! Writers don't become WritAARs without fans. :)

Congratulations RR! Were I you I would feel very honored. This award, the FOTW, is modeled on the original - the WritAAR of the Week. The current method of giving out the FOTW is certainly original to Backfire way back in the day (2004, I believe) but the idea was surely based on what many tried to do at the time and still do. So it is fitting that LD is back in the mix and passing along some praise since the very first WOW was given out by none other (as best I can tell) - AAR Writer of the Week : MrT

We flubbed a bit perhaps in recognizing over 10 years of writers, fans and all others this past summer but it is so wonderful to see that still going strong and steady. We can certainly celebrate it now. Congrats again Ricardo! Writers don't become WritAARs without fans. :)

Wow! Not WOW, but wow. Thanks for digging that up, Coz. If anyone wants a glimpse into the early days, give the MrT link a read.

However, MrT was the second ever WOW. Some old fart was the first: AAR "1st" Writer of the Week : Lord Durham. Yep, the history of these initiatives go back a long way...

However, MrT was the second ever WOW. Some old fart was the first: AAR "1st" Writer of the Week : Lord Durham. Yep, the history of these initiatives go back a long way...

Hmm... Bruce, you caused me to dig up Mr. T's first (second) explosive thread that launched him into the Forum. Since your original link isn't working, here's the link to the current link to "Ladies and Gentlemen (and others) Please Read..." He was defending EU 2 post-release in much the same way I wish many more had defended HOI 3 post-release. ;)

And speaking of betas and releases, you're all bringing back alot of memories here. I remember in 2006 when I was writing the EU 3 Strategy Guide, Mr.T was writing the EU 3 Manual, and was very, VERY helpful to a fledgeling strategy guide writer who was just learning his craft. :)

Renss

Congrats Ricardo. Not trying to be offensive or anything but I think you are the first one in a while I don't know. You've never replied to any of my works.

Edit- Never mind. I know you from The Rise of Hohenzollern.

Well, I must say that I'm really surprised by this award, when all that I've done was mostly to ask questions about the games the writers were playing in the hope of learning something ... ;) I am no stranger to strategy games ( I'm actually a moderator in Civfanatics ,as some of you know ), but I'm a relative noob in terms of paradox games, and, knowing as the best way of learning the ropes of a game is to see someone describing himself playing it ... and if you can do it while reading good prose, even better :D

@ Lord Durham

I actually intend to make a AAR in my own. I have two packs of saves and pics of CK II to make into AARs , but I am in a situation where I can't devote much time to playing and even less to writing ( especially in a non-native language, since this forum has no section in Portuguese ... ), one on the Spartenos of Neapolis in the 1066 start, other is on a side branch of the Bourgogne in a later start. I might be able to start atleast one of them soon, but no promises ...

Congrats Ricardo Rolo, well deserved!

Congrats my fellow Ricardo! :D

Congratulations !