• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks again everyone. Alas my time in the limelight is over but I feel I've found a worthy successor.

Brian Shanahan

I've seen him (I hope you're a him Brian) comment recently on a number of AARs I read across the main 4 franchises. He typically observant, helpful, or amusing. Additionally, while checking out his history to make sure he wasn't just putting on a good front while I was about, I noticed that he's an ex-lurker of AARland as I am. So here's to you Brian.

Congrats Brian, Sirk, and whoever I've not wailed my inane congratulatory to/at.

Congrats Brian!

Congrats Brian!

Well, I finally found my way here after a gruelling trek through the forum search function. Sorry for the slight delay.

First of all thanks SirkTheMonkey for the nomination. I really appreciate it, especially the fact that my nonsensical ramblings aren't gluing the clockwork of the AARs I inflict them on, and I hope to discharge my duties (I'm told they are smiling, waving graciously and looking like a leprechaun) to the satisfaction of the forum. Secondly thanks to everybody else for the congratulations and well wishes. It truly is nice to be noticed.

And on Sunday, the hardest duty, the passing on of the pot of gold and green shillelagh. Given the high standards of posting it will be an arduous task to find a successor worthy of the honour, over and above the rest of us.

See you here again Sunday.

Belated congratulations #2. I see your name around a lot lately, which is always good and appreciated. :)

Well, I like what I like and try to let people know (usually after catching up on many pages). And as to what I like? To quote Fr. Jack Hackett "That would be an ecumenical matter"

Passing on the Fan of the Week

Well time comes near for me to pass on my award to my successor, and while in truth all lurkers, posters and fans are deserving of it, the garments are probably a bit too small to fit around all of us so I have to choose one.

There was a poster, who back in the mists of time wore the raiments of Fan of the Week, who demonstrated his* supportiveness to his peers. He has returned from those mists to regain his title and take up his rightful place again. I have met him personally on the threads of a few AARs, and having looked through his posting record for the few months has shown me that even in the areas where I do not dwell (not enough time in the day) he is insightful, helpful and supportive poster, who helps the writers as best he can. This attitude carries through outside the AAR fora into all aspects of the paradoxplaza.

So I present to you the new Fan of the Week:

Machiavellian.

Congratulations and well wear.

*I am using he, his, etc as a placeholder. My apologies if you female Machiavellian.

A MOST excellent choice! Machiavellian has been a "pillar of fans" for as long as I can remember! I'm shocked you've not gotten the award since 2004!

How does a Machiavellian wield a shillelagh? Effectively, no doubt, in a way that causes respect! They say it is better to be feared than loved, but nevertheless Machiavellian is loved by us, no matter what gender he is! :p :D

Congratulations! And Congratulations belatedly to Brian Shanahan!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer